Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

Leonardo Maddog 2010

I've tried google a few times, but haven't found a definite answer.

Does anyone know if the Leonardo Maddog 2010 is compatible with FSX:SE? And how is the graphics compared to the CLS MD-80?

Unfortunately I just missed the sale. Otherwise I would just have bought it and taken the chance... But at full price I don't feel like gambling :-)

Thanks.

Yes, it works perfectly in FSX-SE. A little hard on the performance but everything works. Just a little glitch: you will have to put the "LeonardoSH.dll" entry in dll.xml by hand as the installer won´t find it. But it´s no problem at all.

0cEYPp.jpg

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thanks Flavio.

I knew I should have pulled the trigger on the sale...

I've been watching a few Youtube videos of it, and the texturing doesn't look that bad, only a bit dated perhaps.

Dated is a good description. VC is pretty bad. To the point I always used the 2D cockpit (remember those!)

I got the Coolsky DC-9. Like it much better. Haven't put the Maddog on the last 2 FSX installs I've done. It was fantastic in its time. Just getting a bit long in the tooth. 

Eddie
KABQ

I've had an eye on the DC-9 also for a while now. I'm just not sure whether it is too old school...

I would really love a proper MD-80... Coolsky also makes a MD-80, but as far as I can tell from Youtube, the overhead panel is only 2D. That's just a no-go :-)

As a lover of systems, I can't help but love the Leonardo Maddog.

Regarding the graphics, I've spent time on the flight deck of several MD-88s and I had to tell you that the Leonardo rendition (at least with the graphics settings I use) is very close to the way the actual flight deck looks. Now I agree that other MD-80 models look better, but not more realistic in my opinion.  I have every major payware airliner, and still love to fly the Leonardo MD-80, especially in shared cockpit!

Anyway, there is a new MD-80 series coming out for FSX / P3D in 2016!!!!  Its the TFDi Design B717 (will also be shared cockpit capable),  So the MD-80m gets some more love - which is also GREAT news for the MD-11 crowd as well!

Happy Flights!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I might just have to buy it as a late Christmas present for myself then :-)

Thanks for all your feedback.

Please report back if you do. Would love to get a fresh opinion!

Eddie
KABQ

As a lover of systems, I can't help but love the Leonardo Maddog.

Regarding the graphics, I've spent time on the flight deck of several MD-88s and I had to tell you that the Leonardo rendition (at least with the graphics settings I use) is very close to the way the actual flight deck looks. Now I agree that other MD-80 models look better, but not more realistic in my opinion.  I have every major payware airliner, and still love to fly the Leonardo MD-80, especially in shared cockpit!

Anyway, there is a new MD-80 series coming out for FSX / P3D in 2016!!!!  Its the TFDi Design B717 (will also be shared cockpit capable),  So the MD-80m gets some more love - which is also GREAT news for the MD-11 crowd as well!

Happy Flights!

That's true David we can at least look forward to the tfdi 717 https://tfdidesign.com/?p=717 I'm about to get x-plane 10 since they have the amazing rotate MD-80 http://rotatesim.com/category/md-80/ wish the madog from Leonardo did that vc/model revamp.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi - I've tried to install it into a new FSX-SE setup.  It installs ok BUT when I go to the Manager/Configurator to set up all parameters, it tries to write the file to my P3D directory, and it fails.  Also, I have to cockpit visible when the plane loads. 

I have used the migration tool previously without the FSX boxed edition installed, in order to install some planes/sceneries into P3D v2.5.  Could this be the problem - because I've used it, and there's a "dummy" fsx.exe file in my P3D folder, it's thinking that's where it should write that file?  I've tried removing the dummy fsx.exe file, to no avail...

Any ideas on getting the Maddog working in my case?  I'd really like to get it running, as it's a superb aircraft!  (It worked fine when I had the boxed FSX Gold Edition on my system....did a complete rebuild several months ago, with new hard drives, and never loaded FSX Gold on it again).

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I hear you Cesar!

The one thing that developers (but sadly, not users - YET!) are not seeing is how Shared Cockpit is already changing flight simulation into a truly interactive, even more fun, and at times truly exciting experience!

I'm hoping to see this more and more with X-plane (for more complex commercial aircraft), but for now it's the aircraft developed for FSX and P3D that are doing this extremely well!

Jim,

That said, yes, I believe the Migration Tool and dummy FSX file being registered in your registry MAY have something to this. If I recall correctly, don't you have to deactivate the tool before installing into FSX;SE?

If that doesn't work, I would open a support ticket on the Maddog website.  I did this when I had to install to FSX:SE on a virgin Windows 7 install and Davide (owner of the Leonardo Maddog) provided me with a different installer.  Remember though, that installer is for a system that never had the disk version of FSX installed, so I don't know how it would work for you (given the fsx.exe that the migration tool registered in your registry).

You might also write to the fellow at FlightSim Estonia and ask him.  In fact, that might be a better place to start. I worked with him on the Migration Tool a few years ago and I can tell you he's a great guy who will spend hours to help someone resolve an issue!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I've submitted a support ticket to both FS Estonia and Leonardo...hopefully they'll come up with a fix.  I've only used the migration tool when I've needed it...I do not leave it active; I always disable virtual FSX when I'm done using it....this is what puzzles me...it most likely has to do with some registry entry....but which one?!

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You are most welcome Jim.  I hope you get this resolved quickly!

Happy New Year to you as well.

Dave Hodges