Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

P3D V3.1 Slow shutdown with 737 NGX

I installed P3D V3.1 from 3.0 and ever since then P3d is slow to shut down. Sometimes it says not responding when I try to close the program and takes 20-30 seconds to close. I found out this morning that this only happens with the PMDG 737 NGX, which worked perfectly in p3d V3 and still does in 3.1 other than this slow shutdown of P3D issue. Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?  All I changed in P3d was the P3D Client

Another thing I just tried is prior to shutting P3D v3.1 down with the 737 NGX loaded, is  I load another aircraft first replacing the NGX. Then P3D shuts down normally. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't know Bob, I recall that P3Dv2.5, 3.0 and 3.1 take 20 sec to shut down when using Process Explorer to see the activity. It may disappear from the screen but it's always been running in the background for some time.  This is a real gotchya if you want to restart P3D, which is why I am aware of it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't know Bob, I recall that P3Dv2.5, 3.0 and 3.1 take 20 sec to shut down when using Process Explorer to see the activity. It may disappear from the screen but it's always been running in the background for some time.  This is a real gotchya if you want to restart P3D, which is why I am aware of it.

I am aware of the slower shutdown of V3, but this is different and two other people are experiencing the same issue with PMDG and V3.1. Another person reported the same issue with the PMDG 777 after a clean install of V3.1, and no other add ons.  The shutdown process becomes unresponsive, and rather than P3D shutting down it appears that it just crashes after awhile.   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I unchecked the box in P3D General Settings that says "prompt on exit" .  It then shuts down instantly.  :smile:

With the help of a forum member in the P3D forum on this website, I found what is causing the slow shutdown with the PMDG aircraft, It is FSUIPC and it's default of saving the last flight. Apparently saving the last flight with the PMDG aircraft takes much more time ( up to 30 seconds)  than any other aircraft, and the screen that says " are you sure you want to exit P3D  after you exit P3D ( or something similar) will not pop up until this save is finished by FSUIPC. I do not have autosave checked in FSUIPC, so this is the default condition of paid FSUIPC.  What I did was to add the line   SavePreviousFlight=No      in the FSUIPC.ini file under modules in the P3D folder under [General]. Now the shutdown is immediate with the PMDG aircraft.