Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

So, can you get your Pilot's License pulled for this?

Or is it much ado about nothing?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

HS-EFS is registered in Thailand.  I don't know about Thailand but in the U.S, certificate action would be warranted.

In the U.S. 14 CFR  91.13 Covers careless or reckless operation.  Thailand probably has similar regs.

It is technically a mid air collision as they did make contact with each other, the aircraft hit the drogue that pulls open the main chute and ripped it off so they couldn't use the main chute. They had to use the reserve instead. So the aircraft did make contact and did cause damage. 

Matthew Kane

Or is it much ado about nothing?

The stupid pilot almost killed them and it is nothing?

If it was in the US the pilot would be facing a disciplinary action.

(I am assuming the video is real and not another youtube fake to generate sympathy AND publicity $$$ but everything is possible in this crazy world of ours. I have my suspicions because of the artificial frame rate and knowing how hard it would be to catch up with skydivers - airplanes can be put into a steep dive but it takes effort and time not just a few seconds).

(I am assuming the video is real and not another youtube fake to generate sympathy AND publicity $$$ but everything is possible in this crazy world of ours. I have my suspicions because of the artificial frame rate and knowing how hard it would be to catch up with skydivers - airplanes can be put into a steep dive but it takes effort and time not just a few seconds).

Seems real enough. The guy in the video comments:

This was NOT a planned stunt.  As i have said before it is common for the pilot to dive the plane at a SAFE distance.  On this jump the pilot messed up in a big big way.  We all are very very lucky.  If the wing did hit us it could have crippled us or killed us easily.

The impact could have ripped the wing off possibly killing the pilots who also got very lucky.   Yes i saw the plane as it was diving.  This is normal. I often point it out to my passengers for the visual effect if they have the awareness.

When i did realize he was going to hit us all i had time for was to ball up for impact.   After the wing had ripped my drogue off i had no choice but to pull my reserve.  With no drogue there is not enough drag to pull the main out of the container.

I had to pull the reserve as soon as I realized this otherwise we would have accelerated  past a safe opening speed...  As for the lady... This is my good friends wife.  Her reactions are very normal for a first time jumper.  She had sensory overload.  She did realize that it seemed like a short free fall (which it was), but did not realize how close we were to death until i explained to her what happened.

THIS IS NORMAL....  First time students are often oblivious to what is happening on their first jump...She did an awesome job and stayed calm thru the whole experience...

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm happy simply sitting here in my sim chair...thank you very much.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I can only imagine the "conversation" the fellow had with the stupid pilot when they next met. I'd have probably pounded the snot out of him myself! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can only imagine the "conversation" the fellow had with the stupid pilot when they next met. I'd have probably pounded the snot out of him myself! :LMAO:

Anger.... fear..... aggression..... The dark side are they!  :wink:

Devons rig

The two most dangerous words in aviation: "Watch this!"