Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Its time! New fast & economical business jet starts deliveries

One of the flight sim developers just has to go for this one!  The HondaJet now flies in a customers hands!

http://world.honda.com/news/2015/c151224eng.html

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Comparable to the Phenom 100 or Citation Mustang but more $$. As odd looking as it is, it's nice to see it finally up and running..

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Nice picks of reference models.  Here is a table from AOPA site. Only edit is to insert the published HondaJet range, which AOPA had at a default of (0) zero.  Honda has lower operating costs per hour than the 100E. Greatest range of the three. Highest max cruise. Has galley and restroom. Interesting is the HF120 engines are Honda's own design produced under license by GE. The HF120 will be marketed to other aircraft manufacturers as the supply ramps up.

Model                                                 Op Cost/Hr  Pax   Max T/O Wt   Range     Max Cruise       Power

Cessna Citation Mustang Jets VLJ    $1,015.37      4         8,645               800          340 Kts           2 PW615F Pratt & Whitney Canada

Embraer Phenom 100E Jets VLJ      $1,151.84       5       10,582            1,045         390 Kts            2 PW617F-E Pratt & Whitney Canada

Honda HA-420 HondaJet Jets VLJ    $1,134.90       5        9,963             1,381         420 Kts            2 HF120 GE Honda

HondaJet price: approx $4.5M

Embraer 100E: approx  $4.1M

Citation Mustang: approx $3.1M

IMHO the Mustang is not in the same class as the 100E and HA-420 due to capacity, range, speed. At those specs it should have lower operating costs but its op costs are only marginally lower.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here is the official website - http://www.hondajet.com/#0 (not sure this was available Frank when you posted your OP).  I like where you can do a virtual walk through the cabin and cockpit http://www.hondajet.com/Content/interior-panorama/index.html.  See it uses a Garmin 3000 for NAV. Nice looking aircraft!  I'm sure a developer will allow us to put one of these in our hangar!

Thanks for telling us about this new aircraft!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

LOL.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

LOL.

Retired 5 years ago from a 25 year career with American Honda Motor Co., Motorcycle Division, and that seemingly funny video brings a knowing smile to me and all of my contemporaries.  So much of Honda technology now spread throughout the world corporation was born in the motorcycle side of the business.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

At those specs it should have lower operating costs

Impossible to tell. First of all this is the oldest of the three constructions, second it's price point is significantly lower. This price point might be an overriding factor for some customers.

I swear by Honda cars and I am on to my 4th one now. My first one was a 1991 Honda Civic I bought brand new, then after a few years a got another 1991 Honda Civic and those two cars lasted me well over 10 years. I bought a 2000 Honda Civic and drove it for about 5 years and I didn't like it as much. I now have a 1989 Honda Civic and I swear it is the best car ever built. Runs as good today as the day it rolled off the assembly line and I am determined to reach a million Kilometres with it.

If I had the money I would buy that little HondaJet too and run it for 50 years because I bet it would last that long as well if not more. Honda's are tough and stand the test of time.

Matthew Kane

Old Honda's, pre-2002, do last forever. newer ones not so much.  As for the HondaJet, we will have to wait and see if customers line up to buy it or if they chose to stick with what they have or is already proven.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Old Honda's, pre-2002, do last forever. newer ones not so much.  As for the HondaJet, we will have to wait and see if customers line up to buy it or if they chose to stick with what they have or is already proven.

Over three years of production already sold! Don't have the quantity, but there is a definite line. That despite the economy.  Sales already expanded to worldwide!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I heard somewhere Honda is very protective of people modeling this plane. Kind of like Gulfstream is. Not sure if that was true or not though!

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

I heard somewhere Honda is very protective of people modeling this plane. Kind of like Gulfstream is. Not sure if that was true or not though!

I've heard the same thing.  A few years ago Mitsuya Hamaguchi released a freeware HondaJet for FS9 and it is also available for FSX.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've heard the same thing.  A few years ago Mitsuya Hamaguchi released a freeware HondaJet for FS9 and it is also available for FSX.

There has been some ad hoc effort to improve that circa 2008 freeware version. Here is a video of a flight with a GTN750 incorporated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEMUpPZVOE

Here is my personal livery in red.  I added a custom tail number after this screen shot.

HondaJet%282%29-L.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS