Sign in to follow this  
Andy764

Mouse Pointer Weirdness

So being as FSX was running like a slug, I decided to uninstall everything and start a fresh, only this time as it was running at a silly discount I purchased and installed the Steam Edition.  So far so good all add ons seem to work PMDG 737 and 777 install flawlessly and to be fair my frame rates are up on what they were and the whole experience is smoother... With the exception of whilst flying the NGX the mouse stopped responding to the push/pull/rotate points on the screen within the Virtual cockpit.  As a mouse it was fine the pointer travelled across the screen as I moved it, it just wouldnt change into a little hand.  This happened on and off through out the whole hour and a half flight.  It would stop responding correctly for about 15 seconds and then it would be fine for a few minutes and then it would happen again.  It was only the case in the Virtual cockpit, if I switched to the 2D cockpit it was all fine.  Anyone else seen this at all??  All of the SimConnect MSI files have been installed as per the read me docs.   Not sure they would be contributing to this anyway but you never know.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy.

Andy Mahaffey.

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

Hi,

This may be because your view point gets temporarily behind the head rest due to dynamic head movement.

Try moving your eye point a bit foreward to see if it keeps going.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi All.

I'm going to revive this one as I am still having issues with the mouse pointer intermittently ceasing to work with the actual control switches (Push/Pull and Rotate) with the NGX. (As per original post)  The mouse itself still works as a mouse you can see the pointer move etc.  If I switch to the 2D cockpit it works normally with the switches.  Switching back to VC it works for a few sconds and then stops again.  I have checked my view point and it is nothing abnormal and within what I would call tolerance.  ie zoom point is between 70 and 80.  Zooming in or out makes no difference.   This is intermittent so it is hard to test and fault find, however the problem appeared tonight and dissappeared as soon as I had landed.  coincidence maybe but it only seems to happen in flight.   

It only happens with the NGX.  Not the 777.  I have a Saitek Pro flight control and CH rudder pedals.  Latest Win 10 drivers installed for both products.  If while this problem is occurring I pull both controls out of the USB ports there is no difference, so I dont think its down to that.

System is running Flight Sim X Steam edition.  I am a long time owner of regular FSX and never saw these problems under that.  Very reluctant to go back to the Non steam variety as my frame rates are substantially better like around 45/50fps instead of 15 - 20.

Over to the community... :-)  Any thoughts??

Many Thanks

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

Any thoughts??

All of the SimConnect installers need to be run (I know you mentioned this in the first post, but I wanted to point it out again just in case you've re-imaged your comp or something.

In the first post, you mention that the viewpoint is "within what I would call tolerance," but that doesn't really give much to go on. Use the CTRL+ENTER/BACKSPACE, SHIFT+ENTER/BACKSPACE, or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER/BACKSPACE to move the eyepoint forward (I forget which one does which) and re-check.

Finally, ensure that the NGX and 777 are not the default aircraft in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I can set the the view points back to default using the Control spacebar etc as well as all the other move commands but it makes no difference.  All Sim connect installers have been run.  This is a fresh install of everything on a new machine.  All guidelines followed to the letter during install.

Neither NGX or 777 are default aircraft.   (777 has no issues this appears to be solely with NGX.

Thanks for you help/input.

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics