Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Virtualcol - Regional Shorts Package

Bought this the other day.  Kinda knew that the Virtual cockpit wasn't too great.  But I wanted to have some Shorts in my hanger.

The visual model is fairly good.

The VC is kinda poor, glass reflection on the gauges, translucent look sucks.

Just tried the night lighting.  Seems to be a bug or inadequate lighting, not all gauges light up.  the landing lights don't show on the runway, neither do the taxi lights for that matter.  I sent an email to the company.

So, I went looking for a forum on for Virtualcol anywhere to see if things can be fixed or addressed etc.

I suspect that  RXP gauges might be substitutable, redux lights programmed in, not sure about panel lights. 

So, while I knew that the cockpit wouldn't be up to RealAir and Carendo quality I think they should have done a better job.

Where does one go to post, share, get help, share ideas on how to fix this planes cockpit?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Bryan

I also "bought this the other day" - but at full price and less than 24 hours before this and other Virtualcol products went on special at 50% off at multiple outlets.

I have most of the Virtualcol aircraft products. I believe Virtualcol  is deserving of support in this way because that developer is prepared to tackle as payware products a number of aircraft which other developers appear no tot be interested in.

The difference between the quality of the exteriors and that of the interiors has been something which has been somewhat of a disappointment for me, an example of one of my posts in that regard being http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/topic/1140-best-of-both-worlds/?hl=virtualcol

However, I temper that disappointment by acknowledging that the prices of Virtualcol products are towards the low end of the market. The existing exteriors with improved interiors but at a higher price would be a good practical outcome in the future.

My recollection is that an email to Virtualcol or the use of the Product Support request form on the Virtualcol website at https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=contacto (there is also a Feedback facility on a different part of the website) has brought a prompt useful response on the couple of occasions when I have had a query. Apart from that, I have used various hints etc I have picked up on various flight sim forums. I am not aware of any dedicated forum.

Gary