Sign in to follow this  
Avwriter

Has anyone tried Flight1's new ATC sim?

There are a some tutorial videos on Youtube showing how it works. Just type ATCpro and you will be able to pick them out (there are a few not related to the sim)

John

It is an interesting product... not sure if I would be able to install in two PCs my sim computer (home) and my laptop since travel so much) Its $60 x 2. Maybe I can install it in my laptop initially and then transfer it to my main PC after I get comfortable with this..not a big deal

But why Albuquerque? What is so special about that? IT would be good to have some major airport...LAX, DFW, JFK

MIA is good.

I'd most likely listen in in the beginning rather than be an active ATC controller.

I am assuming I can play a different controller? Ground controller vs Airport controller vs Departure or arrival controller. Center is probably not available...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It is an interesting product... not sure if I would be able to install in two PCs my sim computer (home) and my laptop since travel so much) Its $60 x 2. Maybe I can install it in my laptop initially and then transfer it to my main PC after I get comfortable with this..not a big deal

But why Albuquerque? What is so special about that? IT would be good to have some major airport...LAX, DFW, JFK

MIA is good.

I'd most likely listen in in the beginning rather than be an active ATC controller.

I am assuming I can play a different controller? Ground controller vs Airport controller vs Departure or arrival controller. Center is probably not available...

Well, they do have KATL.  That is about as major as it gets.

Andrew Jones

Well, they do have KATL.  That is about as major as it gets.

Yeah, KATL might qualify as a major airport. 5 parallel runways with 2 miles straight line distance between the most outer runways Rwy 28 and Rwy 26R. In all fairness I might try this program.

Keith Guillory

Have looked at the tutorials and manual in more depth.  I have had many similar products in the past, and each had its pluses and minuses.  This one brings a couple of major new functions to the table.  The biggest one is that the human controller can opt to control a single sector (i.e. Northeast arrivals), and automated controllers will handle the rest.  On the downside, at least as far as I can tell, there is no multi-player capability, but for me that is not crucial, especially if they are simulating other controllers working with you side-by-side  It claims to have its own dedicated SR engine, so no more relying on the Microsoft engine that other ATC sims have relied on for years with very unreliable results.  Of course, I have yet to see any feedback from actual customers.  Their marketing is quite sleek, and I feel tempted, but the $60 price makes me hesitate to jump in head first.  Tough decision. 

Andrew

Andrew Jones

Here is a link to some questions I posted to the developers over on their forum, along with their answers.  It may prove useful to others considering purchase.

http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=20&PID=66

Andrew

MIA is good.

This is a TRACON simulation.  So there will be various departure and approach positions.  Do not expect to play Ground, Tower, or Center positions.

Andrew

Andrew Jones

I've been watching some of the videos, looks very interesting, looking forward to seeing what the first adopters think!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Wonder how this compares to things like London Control or ATCC...Though I guess this would be like comparing apples to oranges, those two being enroute-centric.

A better comparison could probably be made against ATCsimulator. It looked better but..how does it work?

Global ATC is a purchase i made and regretted. Good concept (control anywhere in the world) but with very unrealistic traffic and no voice interaction. I knew about the lack of voice interaction going in but the traffic killed it for me...if that doesn't bother you it might be worth a look, but it wasn't for me.

I'll be looking hard at ATC pro sim.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU