Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Imagine Sim Wsss

Hi Guys,

I finally made the jump into P3D V3 and im super excited to fly the heavies. Since i reside in Singapore, i purchased the Imagine Sim Wsss scenery but im unable to install it. I dun see any buildings or anything except the runways.  Does anyone face the similar issues and how do you rectify it please. Any feedback and guidance is very much appreciated.

Regards 

I had to convert mine with an application called Model Converter X. Even then, some models aren't displayed properly.

Even though they claim FSX compatibility, most buildings are probably compiled with old tools that fit both FS9 and FSX, hence the issues in P3D.

Imagine Sim needs to properly compile their models with the P3D SDK. Question is, will they ever?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi Noon,

I just created a new folder in P3d file and called it ADDON Scenery but after i installed it, texture is black and runway is black. How did you manage to install it pls?

I just copied it over from my FSX installation when i migrated initially. Added the scenery.cfg entry manually.

Thanks for the HU Jerome, i'll try that when i get home.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi Noon, I just created a new folder in P3d file and called it ADDON Scenery but after i installed it, texture is black and runway is black. How did you manage to install it pls?

The link I have provided above is a patch for WSSS in order to enable it for P3Dv2, but it should work on V3 too. Just unzip the file and copy Scenery and Texture folders over your existing installation.

Does that link fix the bouncy taxi and takeoff effect on all aircrafts ??

Thanks

removing these bgl files from the scenery folder worked for me. I'm using p3dv4....wsss runways taxiways etc are leveled and are not bouncy anymore.

engine_bay_01

engine_bay_01a

exclude_01

fencing_01

flatten_01

industrial_01

road_items_01

road_items_library_01

shipping_01.zzz

shoulderbars_01

Edited by anurag178

I try and stay away from legacy scenery that hasn't been updated for P3Dv4.  In most cases, all the developer needs to do is run files thorough SDKv4 compiler so if that hasn't been done this long after v4 release I assume it is because there are structural issues with the project that require effort to update.  A good example is NMG FAOR, which until recompiled it would load but nothing in the way of terminal buildings or scenery objects would work.  Finally now recompiled and mods done to the scenery objects as required it is running fine in P3Dv4.

The WSSS scenery will probably not be updated.  Imaginesim ZSPD serves the Shanghai area and unlike WSSS has a large international base.  Just my opinion here of course.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Imaginesim ZSPD serves the Shanghai area and unlike WSSS has a large international base.

Huh? ZSPD only recently surpassed WSSS in passenger traffic, and they're still in the same ballpark for those figures. Singapore is a massive hub for international air travel and cargo.

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, honanhal said:

Huh? ZSPD only recently surpassed WSSS in passenger traffic, and they're still in the same ballpark for those figures. Singapore is a massive hub for international air travel and cargo.

James

Correct, my error.... confusing Singapore for Shanghai.... just a brain fart.

Dan Downs KCRP

Imaginesim have a new WSSS under development for P3Dv4 and it is due out shortly.

Mark