Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

UT2's Daedalus aircraft

Hi all

I have noticed more and more  Daudalus liveries appearing on my flights.  I think, on one occasion recently, Daudalus was the only livery present when I arrived at Palermo.

I assume the Daudalus livery is inserted by UT2 where no livery can be found representing the airline on the schedule?

1. How do you know which airline the Daulelus repaint is gapfilling?

2. What is the best method of updating this?

Cheers

erich

Hi Erich,

I just loaded UT2 for the first time last weekend - recently moved from FS9 to P3Dv3... There is an option in the UT2 interface to remove all occurrences of "Daudalus"...

That said - even at 100% traffic in UT2 and P3Dv3 - I've got airports with only a couple of planes... One example I checked was FlyTampa's Tampa - seemed there were less than a dozen aircraft at the whole airport... I'm thinking the parking codes aren't matching up due to airline mergers... Haven't had time to play with it though...

My "freeware" traffic situation in FS9  sure seemed FAR superior to anything I've seen from UT2 so far... WOAI, Ultimate GA, ANAI, HTAI - sure seemed to provide a much better representation... I don't know if I can get these packages working in P3Dv3...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If you disable the Daedalus colour scheme, then you will remove all of the flightplans where this colour scheme is required. That's why some large airports are very empty when using the default UT2 schedules. You would need to add the missing airline repaints to solve this, and also add those airlines that are not included in the default schedules at all (certain charter airlines, and all cargo airlines). I only fly around the UK and Ireland, but even so it has taken me a considerable amount of time and effort to add updated models, textures, and flightplans for as many airlines that fly in and out of this region as I can.

It's also worth noting that......if you add your own flightplans with updated models/textures, these need to be working properly, otherwise you may see the Daedalus colour scheme even when this is disabled in the UT2 menu.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher,

So is the default UT2 traffic schedule a dumbed down one - and - you need to purchase one of the addon traffic schedules to get realistic real world traffic for whatever date is purchased ???

Going back to my example of Tampa - I'm assuming that the default UT2 traffic includes airlines such as Continental and Northwest - - - while FlyTampa's AFCAD probably doesn't include parking for these airlines...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The best way I've discovered to get Daedalus aircraft out of your airport is to go into the UT2 interface and tell it you want a PDF print out of the airport's flight schedule for the week.   It will produce a neatly organized multi paged chart for each airline that airport services and has a flight plan setup for that week there.

While keeping this chart handy, go into the livery manager in UT2 and start looking for these airlines and start checking to see if that that aircraft model has a livery for the airlines on your PDF chart.    UT2 has a filter that let's you pull up aircraft/airlines that don't have liveries but are scheduled to fly in the UT2 schedules.   From there you need to go out onto the big bad Internet and find aircraft models/liveries to replace the ones missing.

It is time consuming for sure but if you spend a few days in there you can weed out a lot of Daedalus aircraft.    It took me about 2 hours to eliminate all the generic traffic spawns at MMMX-Mexico City for example.   In the end I ended up with a beautiful highly active Mexico City with all the correct liveries running around.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Sounds like a bit of a job.

I assume any changes made as recommended above will also affect (improve) the vPilot model match set ?

So is the default UT2 traffic schedule a dumbed down one - and - you need to purchase one of the addon traffic schedules to get realistic real world traffic for whatever date is purchased ???

No, I didn't mean that. The original default UT2 did not include flightplans for cargo airlines or some charter airlines, and it was also missing repaints for various airlines. Frankly, I find that difficult to understand. If other AI traffic software could do it, then why was it such a problem for UT2? I do not know if more recent schedules have corrected this, but I doubt it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi

There are a couple of ways to find the Daedalus paints but the easiest i've found is to use the traffic toolbox that comes with the sdk

From there you can explore the airport or surrounding area and you can pinpoint exactly what airline and paint you are missing. From there you have a couple of choices either find the airline and a/c type and replace the paint or a much better way is to go to AIG download an up to date airline schedule and then replace the airline in  UT2 withthe plan 

Although a lot of the models used in UT2 are good many have been updated. to better ones also I believe that the UT2 versions are not always correct plus, with up to date plans you can have A380,B787 and A350's populating your world

It sounds like a lot of work but I can asure you its well worth it,and once you get the hang of it you can knock out the plans fairly quickly  for example I did an Alitalia summer 2015 this morning in 10 mins but some do take a bit longer

hope that helps a bit, another upside is you can have one central place for all your AI aircraft if you have both P3d and FSX

rgds

Pete Little

It takes a lot longer than 10 minutes per airline if you want to add new models and textures. However, I agree that the end result is worth it. My large UK airports look great!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I agree Christopher.However, if you can get a hold of the base models on here and flightsim and have them already installed in a folder then it can be done quite quickly,perhaps 10 mins was a bit ambitious.Although I did manage the Alitalia plan that quickly as I already had most of the paints already installed.

As you said it makes the larger airports much better with real world airlines as opposed to the Daedalus paints.

Pete Little

Thanks for your help guys.  I'll look into these options.

erich

No worries if you need any help pm me and i'll try getting you started

Pete Little