Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Help me to buy a new monitor

I hope to buy this one next week, have heard good things about it, especially for the price Shame%20On%20You.gif

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-BL3200PT-32-inch-Monitor-Creative/dp/B00ITORMNM

Cheers

Martin

This is the monitor that I've been using for a few months now.  I absolutely adore it.  The physical size combined with the resolution makes it perfect for me.

It's specs might not be optimum for more demanding 'gaming', but I use mine for general gaming purposes and it's quite suitable.  More than perfect specs for flight simming, where I don't need killer response times or high refresh rates.  It's also big enough to toss my feet up on my desk and enjoy a movie or a show on Netflix, or to run local splitscreen games of Rocket League without us having to squint at the screen.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I hope to buy this one next week, have heard good things about it, especially for the price Shame%20On%20You.gif

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-BL3200PT-32-inch-Monitor-Creative/dp/B00ITORMNM

Cheers

Martin

Good choice. I bought this monitor 2 months ago and it is really good. Quality build and I love the 2560X1440 resolution. I came from a 1080p 40 inch TV to this and I don't miss the 8 inch but love the sharpness of this one.

PS: Just saw Jimmy RFR respond this also - touche.

Still haven't made a decision as I'm still waiting for my i7-6700k/Z170 build to be completed and tested, but I'm just curious whether I encounter a serious FPS drop if I switch from 1080 to 2040 resolution in P3D with new IPS monitor in 2500X1400 HD resolution. I'm mostly IFR flyer with PMDG/FSDT/FB and others (too many to mention). 

I also use SGSSA with NVI to get rig of jaggies, especially with AI Planes

Hmm, all this talk about  60hz and 120hz for P3D!

Whatever you get for P3D V3 make sure that it natively supports a 30hz refresh rate.

IMO the smoothest sim experience you will get in P3D is at 30fps on a monitor set to 30hz.

Sure it can natively support 60hz and 120hz too, but native support for 30hz IMO is crucial

if you don't want to be one of those people complaining about stutters :-)

Why? Unless you're a dedicated first-person-shooter player it's unlikely that you'd notice the difference, particularly in FSX. For the high refresh rate monitors you generally lose screen quality for the same price or pay a lot more for comparable screen quality compared to a 60Hz monitor. As my wife will undoubtedly confirm, I read many reviews and did A LOT of research before buying a 60Hz monitor.

I am pretty much a first person shooter to be honest. Flight sim time is minimal for me these days.

I'm considering...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-asus-pg279q-rog-swift-165hz-nvidia-g-sync-ips-monitor-2560x1440-4ms-10001-dp-hdmi-2x-usb-30-black

Bloody expensive though.

27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS Monitor, 2560x1440 4ms, 1000:1, DP/HDMI/2x USB 3.0 Black Red

I am pretty much a first person shooter to be honest. Flight sim time is minimal for me these days.I'm considering...http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-asus-pg279q-rog-swift-165hz-nvidia-g-sync-ips-monitor-2560x1440-4ms-10001-dp-hdmi-2x-usb-30-blackBloody expensive though.27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS Monitor, 2560x1440 4ms, 1000:1, DP/HDMI/2x USB 3.0 Black Red

Looks like a great monitor. Outside my price band though and I'm not sure I could go back to a smaller monitor after using a 32".

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Its actually bigger for me. 24 for me at the moment.

You're tempting me to go even bigger now. Hehe.

You're tempting me to go even bigger now. Hehe.

32" is a great size - big but not so big it won't fit on your desk and this size seems to be the sweet spot for 2560x1440. Go on, you know you want to!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have the BENQ BLP3200T - its 32" @ 2560x1440 and its bloody awesome.

I just got this 43" TV/monitor to replace two 23" monitors.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M43-C1-43-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00T63YUTE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452296326&sr=8-2&keywords=vizio+43%22

I was a bit hesitant at first since it's so huge and Vizio isn't usually in same class as Samsung, etc.  But after 2 weeks I'm really liking it.  Basically it's the same as having three 24" monitors turned sideways when using it for web browsing, email, etc. and one giant monitor at 3840x2160 when using flight simulator.  I no longer need two monitors.

I have the BENQ BLP3200T - its 32" @ 2560x1440 and its bloody awesome.

I decided to also go with the BenQ BL3200PT for my new setup. I was deciding between Asus 27in 1080p or a Asus 27in 1440p IPS monitors for the longest time but after reviewing for several weeks decided on the BenQ. One of the deciding factors was screen resolution. 1080p would have not been as edge smoothing as I wanted and 1440p would have made the fonts small to read for me. As stated on many web sites "27-inch monitor sporting a native 2560x1440 resolution can make small text difficult to read. BenQ solves the problem by adding five extra inches to its BL3200PT". Now I will have the best of both worlds. Plus the price is really good right now. As an 27in iMac users I have to downsize my resolution from native 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 for it to be comfortable for my old eyes. As far as down the road I don't plan on moving over to P3D and sticking with FSX:SE. Buy the time P3D does mature with more 4K support than I will look at getting a 4K LED or Monitor. Prices will come down and more selections will be available along with many more add ons that I like. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro