Sign in to follow this  
Brian Riggs

P3D 3.1 Dynamic Reflections A-10/FB KDEN

Here's a couple of screens with IRIS A-10/India Foxtrot Avatar/Flightbeam KDEN.  Dynamic reflections show the FBO buildings/pavement/snow/clouds on the canopy and Pave Penny Pod lens. 

A-10-3_zps0hprgwkq.png

A-10-2_zpsngfinafe.png

One more.....

A-10-4_zpsroulpeia.png

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Hello, Brian,

You took some great shots to showcase dynamic reflections. They look great. Looks like LM is making some nice headway!

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim...Indeed LM has added some really cool features for V3, I'm very pleased with overall look and performance of P3D.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Thanks Jim...Indeed LM has added some really cool features for V3, I'm very pleased with overall look and performance of P3D.

Judging from your screenshots, I can understand why you are pleased. I can't get over the reflections!

LM keeps plugging away at really improving P3D. As soon as they fix the LOD problem, I'll get back into P3D. Honestly looking forward to that day. Although, I sure can't complain about DX10 with Steve's DX10 Fixer. I love the way it looks with a full range of LOD control.

You came up with some outstanding NVI settings awhile back that I used with the various P3D version 2s, Brian. They made remarkable improvements in the program, especially with AA. Looks like you have hit the nail on the head again from your shots.

Steve's DX10 fixer is outstanding for FSX. I can't take much credit for the NI settings, I just found a way to make the settings that I found in the DX10 guide work with P3D v2.

I know what you mean by LOD limitations, I use the freeware Hawaii photoreal and have a difficult time ignoring the blurry texture way off in the distance. That was with v2.5 and I haven't tried it on v3. I am optimistic however, the screens above were taken after a flight from Omaha Nebraska to Denver Colorado using megascenery earth 2.0. I didn't notice any distant blurriest during the flight. I just built a brand new 6700k computer with ssd drives, which are amazing with texture loading, so I can't wait to see if Hawaii looks better with v3.

I still use NI with 4xSGSS with 4xMSAA in game. Still many jaggies, which DSR can fix, but I am having a difficult time getting DSR to work with Windows 10. Really wish we had 1/2 refresh rate and AA with P3D...maybe one day it will happen.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001