Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

F1 GTN Avionics Package for BE55 and C310 ?

Hi Folks,

Proud new owner of the MilViz B55 and C310 - my introduction to MilViz - looking at the F1 GTN Avionics addons...

(now I'm really looking forward to the King Air as I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen)

If I only own a GTN650 - which plane can I install it in ??? Someone mentioned that only one of the two planes will support just that unit... I can't seem to find any pictures or a better description about the Avionics Packs... I've also surfed the MilViz forum on their site and it seems there were some bugs initially reported with the Avionics packs - have they all been resolved ??? 

If someone has a good screenshot of the F1 integrations - it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

this is how my GTN 750 looks like in the B55 and 310R

xZYxwv5.jpg

FVXPEyP.jpg

I have not the GTN 650, however I know from other threads that yes, it can be integrated as well. Once you installed the avionics pack, all you have to do is adding the following information to the desired variants (textures) in your aircraft.cfg file:

Cessna C310R:

model=GTN750_GNS430
panel=GTN750_GNS430

Beech B55:

model=GTN750
panel=GTN750

Replace GTN750 with GTN650 as needed.

Hi Owl,

Thanks so much...

Kat from MilViz had sent me an email and stated the GTN650 only works in one - he/she did not mention which one - I am assuming from your images that it is the B55 that works however if I don't own the GTN750 - I'll have to stare at a blank screen... I'm not sure that will work for me... I was truly hoping that the MilViz addon pack would offer some options with various configurations especially due to the added expense... I'm not sure I'm into the GTN enough for $130.00 to purchase both... I haven't purchased any GTN yet - maybe I should consider Mindstar pack but as understand it - the Mindstar GPS is missing some features - like terrain and roads... In a perfect world RXP would update their product for P3D because in my book their unit was absolutely perfect...

I may just go Bert's route losing the 3D gauges...

Much to consider and really appreciate the input...

Regards,
Scott

Kat from MilViz had sent me an email and stated the GTN650 only works in one - he/she did not mention which one - I am assuming from your images that it is the B55 that works however if I don't own the GTN750 - I'll have to stare at a blank screen... I'm not sure that will work for me... I was truly hoping that the MilViz addon pack would offer some options with various configurations especially due to the added expense... I'm not sure I'm into the GTN enough for $130.00 to purchase both... I haven't purchased any GTN yet - maybe I should consider Mindstar pack but as understand it - the Mindstar GPS is missing some features - like terrain and roads... In a perfect world RXP would update their product for P3D because in my book their unit was absolutely perfect...

Scott,

for what I have read, the GTN650 only works on the Cessna 310R and, if memory does not fail, only coupled to the GTN750, which obviously requires you to have both GTN versions. Instead, you can use only the GTN750 and the default GNS 430, as you can see in my shot above. Again, for this to happen, you need the GTN750, the optional avionics pack from Milviz and the following setting for the chosen repaint in your aircraft.cfg file:

model=GTN750_GNS430

panel=GTN750_GNS430

The B55 should only support the GTN750. Not 100% sure, however.

I'm not sure I'm into the GTN enough for $130.00 to purchase both... I haven't purchased any GTN yet - maybe I should consider Mindstar pack but as understand it - the Mindstar GPS is missing some features - like terrain and roads... In a perfect world RXP would update their product for P3D because in my book their unit was absolutely perfect...

If you decide to go for the GTN, but are uncomfortable to spend $ 130 for both (which was also my case), I definitely suggest you opt for the 750 version. I don't have the 650 and honestly I don't miss it nor plan to buy it anytime soon. Finally, as you probably know, you can have any GTN also as 2D panel on any aircraft you like.

Also, take a look to this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/448319-addon-packs-for-the-mv-c310r-and-the-mv-b-55/page-3?hl=%2Bmilviz+%2Bcessna+%2Bgtn750#entry3049820

I would also suggest getting the 750 first!

Much nicer piece of gear.

Bert

I totally agree with Bert's comment--if you can swing it, get the 750 first. I guarantee you will not regret it at all. It opened up a whole new world of navigation and flying for me. I find it hard to go back to the "older" Garmins installed in my other aircraft.

Absolutely, first & foremost the 650 doesn't have charts! Also the ICAO key-in will drive you batty.

Hi Folks,

OK - thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated !!!

:smile:

Regards,

Scott

Absolutely, first & foremost the 650 doesn't have charts! Also the ICAO key-in will drive you batty.

Absolutely right, but, for the sake of truth: charts in GTN750 only cover US, not the rest of the world. Also, no matter how updated your database is, many approaches are obsolete or, in some cases, inaccurate. I have countless examples of RNAV approaches, especially outside US, which are missing waypoints or other vital information if compared to the Navigraph counterpart.

That said, GTN750 is a great tool. I recommend it and I am sure Scott will enjoy it, provided he is aware of its limitations. I think it is a must have for all those who use GA aircraft. Instead, I have several objections about its integration in business jets.

OK cap'n, I still maintain that the 650 doesn't have charts and the ICAO key-in is a PITA :smile:

• Upvote 1

OK cap'n, I still maintain that the 650 doesn't have charts and the ICAO key-in is a PITA :smile:

+1

Bert

Ah, so much wonderful confusion. For the record:

1. C310R has three options:

• GTN750 + GNS430 (coming in update soon)
  • GTN750 + GTN650
  • GTN650 + GTN650

2. B55/E55 has two options:

• GTN750
  • GTN650 + GTN650

If you own the GTN650, you can have two for the price of one, COM1/NAV1 and COM2/NAV2.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Folks,

Thanks one and all !!! I truly appreciate the interest and help... I have a couple planes that will only fit the GTN650 (2D Mode) - hence my desire to get that unit - I understand it won't have the approach plates - but - is the data entry truly THAT bad ??? I'll have to see if I can find a video on the data entry for the 650 as I've never really seen it in action before... I'm working on my real world IR and all I have is a GNS430W and use my iPad with ForeFlight for the approach plates - which - fortunately has a connection to MSFS (not sure it works with P3D yet)...

Hi Bill,

If MilViz puts that on their web site for the product it would be a great deal of help to the customers - then again - it might be there and I just missed it... Big help there - sir - as the product page seemed a bit vague... Thanks as well...

:smile:

Regards,

Scott