Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

F1 GTN Avionics Package for BE55 and C310 ?

Hi Bert,

Hah - as in real life too...

I see Garmin has a free PC trainer for both the 650 and 750 - downloading now - for a little first hand experience before making my decision... Hopefully the F1 model is close...

Taking advantage of the last of the sales as well - just picked up the A2A Cherokee and a few ORBX scenery's... I've dropped a bundle over the last few weeks to finally migrate off of FS9... It's a whole new world...

Hi Jim,

Is that your Bonners Ferry ??? Just noticed it - looks superb and like your work...

Happy New Year eveyone...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Is that your Bonners Ferry ??? Just noticed it - looks superb and like your work...

I thought you knew that? The hazards of signing an NDA I guess... Thanks. I sold out almost 2 yrs ago, I actually bought my own GD airport if you can believe that! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Hi Jim,

Hah - my head's been totally in FS9 until a few weeks ago - I knew you were doing some work for them but I didn't know what... I recognized your fuel pumps in a screenshot since we have discussed them at length before in the past... I also knew you built Bonners Ferry for FS9 and it was near your home... I only recently started looking at the ORBX site with real interest and noticed that scenery... Had to buy your own work - LOL - too funny...

Hi Folks,

Ahh - I see what you mean about data entry on the 650 now... It is much easier on the 750 - but still - as Bert mentioned the 650 is still considerably easier than the 430 that I'm used to... Still undecided - but - none of this stuff is on sale so there is no rush...

Thank you again - one and all... 

Regards,
Scott

Data entry on the 650 is a good deal easier than the 430..

Yeah, entering data from a touch screen beats knob twiddling, that's for sure and certain! :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah, entering data from a touch screen beats knob twiddling, that's for sure and certain! :dance:

Hi BIll,

Good to see you active here!

Any chance that this means an updated C310 is on the way?

Bert

Updated in what way?  How do you improve on greatness?  (sorry... but I couldn't resist...)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Updated in what way?  How do you improve on greatness?  (sorry... but I couldn't resist...)

Some more modern looking paint schemes?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

external?  Probably not going to happen.  We are looking at revisiting this model in the future to update it's systems and tech to our more modern systems...  (while optimizing it further...).

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I was actually hoping the existing engine gauge problems (posted on the support forum) would be fixed in an update. :wink:

Bert

external?  Probably not going to happen.  We are looking at revisiting this model in the future to update it's systems and tech to our more modern systems...  (while optimizing it further...).

More appealing liveries produce greater sales penetration. And the 310 has some history behind it as well. Sky King's Songbird, made famous by TV. And the US Army and USAF U3s.  I had the pleasure of riding on several U3 flights, some Army, some Air Force. And check out the Wiki page for images of more modern looking liveries for the C310. Click on any photo you see there and you can use the right > and left < icons to scroll through some typical images.

Think increased sales....

I'd bet the liveries you provide are period correct to production, but to the demographics of FS aficionados I'd bet they look quite aged. Look at the recent Ron Attwood N286D repaint for the BE55 for sales inspiration!  Why are there not more user repaints? Perhaps I've only looked at repainting the BE55 and found the layered kit intimidating. For the C310 do you have a simplistic non-layered paint kit?  

Who in the real world would update the systems in a C310 to today's standards and keep the original paint?

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The errors are being fixed in the next several weeks.  We are also making some minor changes to the way the installer works.

There are a TON of liveries and paints for this plane already.  Too many to speak of.

There is no non-layered paint kit.  Sorry.

I totally missed out on the January 4 sale, but since today is my birthday, I decided to treat myself to B55.  What a great model.  Can't say whether having both the 750 and 650 is worth it, but it is fun having them both.  I agree with others that if you had to pick one, go with the 750.  The following are screen shots shooting an ILS into KPDK here in Atlanta.

Taking off from KRYY.

Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X%201_5

En route. Love the way the chart start to fill in on the 750.  The B55 is very stable and easy to fly.

You can pull up the approach plate on the 750 but definitely not available on the 650.  "Touchpad" makes it very easy to operate.

On the ground at KPDK.  750 automatically switches to the airport diagram for easy taxi to the gate.  I'm looking forward to spending more time with the B55, but I suppose I better hit the hay!

Good night all!

Mike

• Upvote 1

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Hi Mike,

Nice pix...

Happy Birthday and enjoy ! Yep - been lov'n the Baron and the C310 (although I am a Beech guy) since I purchased them... Both are beautiful models that are exceptionally well done with obvious care and attention to detail... I just picked up the F1 avionics packs and plan to try the dual GTN 650 installs in both planes over weekend...

They are fast becoming my ride of choice - even when competing with A2A...

Oh - if you are using the plane in P3D and the glass is a bit too transparent - try this fix - it's perfect in my book...

Regards,
Scott