Sign in to follow this  
vesalius

Anyone heard of Simzaleak?

I couldn't find any mention of this group at Avsim. If you ask me, this guy diserves quite the necessary attention and even support of the community!

http://simzaleak.wix.com/simzaleak

simzaleak, is a freeware scenery designer (group?) focussing on the Basque region.

For those of you that are not from the old continent: the Basque region is a historic region in Northern Spain, with a small part in Southwestern France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Country

At this moment, 5 cities/airport have been released. Some are being revised to a v2 to address performance/vas usage.

Biarritz (LFBZ) -> French border with Spain

Hondarribia (LESO) -> Spanish border with France

Leon (LELN) -> like the car from Seat :)

Melilla (GEML) -> Spanish enclave in Morocco

Noain (LEPP) -> Pamplona, famous for yearly bull races

The level of detail is payware.

The level of quality is payware.

The scenery is... freeware!

I strongly encourage to have a look at his projects. If you like them, you can donate. I donated 2 hours after my first download as I was impressed by the result.

He's also working a Basque VFR country.

Edited by vesalius

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Never heard of Simzaleak before but I heard 5 times about it today... ;)

LOL!

I just edited my post to include the url of his site.

Never heard of Simzaleak before but I heard 5 times about it today... ;)

Now I get it. I bet it was 5 times from me :)

Sorry, had avsim added to IE's compatibility view. This caused all the troubles.

Appologies. I informed the moderators.

Very embarrassed about this.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

LOL!

I just edited my post to include the url of his site.

Now I get it. I bet it was 5 times from me :)

Sorry, had avsim added to IE's compatibility view. This caused all the troubles.

Appologies. I informed the moderators.

Very embarrassed about this.

Nothing to be embarrassed about Vital! Sometimes, its hard to figure how some of the posts work. I wish I could say that I haven't done the same thing out of pure ignorance on my part!

Thank you for your post. And, you sure picked a great designer to post about!

I have LESO installed and this is a WONDERFUL (I know, I'm yelling!) addon. A lot attention to detail and graphics from this group.

It is a clean and very accurate scenery to use.

Cheers,

Jim

LOL!I just edited my post to include the url of his site.Now I get it. I bet it was 5 times from me :)Sorry, had avsim added to IE's compatibility view. This caused all the troubles.Appologies. I informed the moderators.Very embarrassed about this.

LOL No problem, just kidding. It happened to the best of us. ;)

I have LESO installed and this is a WONDERFUL (I know, I'm yelling!) addon. A lot attention to detail and graphics from this group.

I have them all 5 installed. LESO is very nice! However I'm having some issues with elevation and a lag (some say microstutters) when I pan around. Something I do not have at LFBZ, just 30km further. Even with animals, grass, cars... disabled. I think it needs a little more optimization.

The last Simzaleak Biarritz scenery is awesome.

Absolutely, LFBZ v2 is perfect! Very fluid. I enjoy flying to and from LFMP in an Avro or an A319 :)

Les Pyrenées are filling in the scenery enroute, passing either via Toulouse or via the Spanish side.

Ahh... le soleil!

post-100554-0-27432600-1451428805.jpg

LFBZ Biarritz in the background, and in the far background (last piece of beacj before the mountains) you can see Hondarribia (LESO).

post-100554-0-48838500-1451428830.jpg

The Pyrennées during climb.

post-100554-0-38410900-1451428855.jpg

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Very nice shots.  Never heard of them till now.  Will defo have a look 

I have them all 5 installed. LESO is very nice! However I'm having some issues with elevation and a lag (some say microstutters) when I pan around. Something I do not have at LFBZ, just 30km further. Even with animals, grass, cars... disabled. I think it needs a little more optimization.

Hi, Vital,

I love LESO. Its such a quaint little airport with an outstanding "Med" flair to it. Just did a quick trip out of LESO in the Carenado KLM Baron 58, took some screenies, but don't particularly like how they look. Will try again later.

But, LESO does have a bit of a struggle. I can very easily overlook the minor issues for the scenery, though.

Looks like its time to pay a little more attention to the rest of the collection!

Great screenshots out of LFBZ!

Cheers,

Jim