A step by step guide to installing Active Sky Next into Prepar3D v3  

===================

INDEX 

(1)  Disabling UAC User Account Control and Anti virus Software 

(2)  Creating an Active Sky Next folder outside of Prepar3D

(3)  Running the Active Sky Next Installer 

(4)  Installing ASConnect 

Click Pictures to make them Big 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)  Disabling UAC User Account Control and Anti virus Software 

Before i run the Active Sky Installer, I will disable my User account Control.  Type uac in your windows search bar.  Click Never notify and Click Ok  

23756892300_85df3b333a_o.png

===============================

This next bit is optional and depends on the type on Antivirus Software you have installed on your PC  I use Bitdefender so this is what I do.  

As you can see from the image below.  1 I will find my Exclusions zone and navigate through my C Drive and Add the Active Sky Next installer.  2 and 3 shows that the Active Sky Next Installer has now been automatically added to my Exclusions Zone and has been automatically added to my Firewall. 

23684717919_74f355b1c5_o.png

====================================

(2)  Creating an Active Sky Next folder outside of Prepar3D

I will now create a separate folder to install Active Sky Next in.  My location of choice is a folder beside my Prepar3D 3.1 folder. 

1 Left Click on New folder.   2 Right Click and Rename it Active Sky Next.  3 As you can see I now have a new folder were I will be pointing the Active Sky Next Installer to. 

23684848379_f91b366730_o.png

==================================

(3)  Running the Active Sky Next Installer 

Right Click on the Installer and Run as Administrator 

24052654955_f3035bb91c_o.png

Follow the steps 1, 2 ,3  and proceed.

23970142781_05cb467c08_o.png

This is important.  I have installed Prepar3D and Active Sky Next on my G Drive,  you need to change this to your own Install path 

4 By default your Active Sky Next installer will want to install into  C:Program Files(86).  We need to change this,  Its always best to Install software Outside of the default path of C:Program Files(86)   5  Browse to your newly created folder and Click Ok 

24026608666_968339cb27_o.png

This Install Path is correct for my PC.  As I said you need to change this to your suit your own Install path.  

23425934983_1a31e4596e_o.png

Follow the steps, 7, 8, 9 and proceed. 

23944554862_cbc29f67ed_o.png

10 enter your License Key and Click Ok,   You will find this code in your Receipt Email from your seller.    11, Click Ok.  The next window that will pop up will be the ASConnect window.  See below

23944555572_d5349799b9_o.png

====================================

(4) Installing ASConnect 

You need to Install ASConnect into YOUR Prepar3D v3  folder 

There are 2 ways you can install ASConnect,  we can follow the prompts and it will be automatically installed, no problem.  Or we can do it manually. 

Following the prompts

1 and  2  Click Yes and Next

23970215581_387bcab021_o.png

This is Important. You need to Install ASConnect in YOUR Prepar3D v3. Folder.   
3  Insure you have this set correctly, Click Next.  4  Confirm proper Install path,  Click Install. 

23757110960_dd2e1d3a3a_o.png

5 Installing.    6  Click Ok 

23426008433_83a4efd6f5_o.png

You will be greeted with this,  your Active Sky Next Command Centre.  That's basically it.  Start up Prepar3D and away you go.  

23684943589_60d87bfc0d_o.png

Manually installing ASConnect. 

For future reference you can Manually install  ASConnect by going here   ► Computer  ► Your Install Location   ►  Active Sky Next  ►  ASNext_P3D 

Right Click on ASConnect_P3D_Install.exe and Click Run as administrator

23970214801_76ecef8b8d_o.png

======================================================================

For more Information 

• Upvote 3

Nice!

I assume in the last step you mean: click on "run as administrator" instead of "install"..?

• Upvote 1

Good man Carlos.  God bless your eyes young man  :smile:

Thanks for the young man part, I guess we're both equaly young but I'm 2 weeks older than you... ;)

• Upvote 1

Great stuff lady Poppet!

... a real contribution to the community and work of love!

1. Have you considered installing a ASN a LAN based remote computer to relieve your Flying CPU and gain back a few FPS?

2.I'd like your input...first entered here...then realized I was hijacking your topic, so started my own,

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480831-what-does-the-installation-of-the-p3dv-31-scenery-get-me-besides-grief/?p=3348230

Cheers esteemed youngster, and Happy New Years to all!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

1. Have you considered installing a ASN a LAN based remote computer to relieve your Flying CPU and gain back a few FPS?

Hello Chase,  I'm working on it.  It makes sense alight.  

Happy new year to you to  :smile:

On any modern CPU, you have plenty of unused cycles. Besides, ASN uses about 1.5% as many CPU cycles as FSX.

Cheers!

Luke

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Just an Update 

Open Beta Build B5848 has been released.   It works fine.  

"Hello Pilots!

B5848 has been posted. This will hopefully be the last update before becoming SP4 official.""

Download page

http://www.hifisimtech.com/downloads/

Update 

"""Active Sky Next Service Pack 4.1 has been officially released by HiFi and is now available for download!  

SP4.1 includes multiple fixes and adjustments as well as enhancements for more realistic icing simulation.

This service pack is offered free of charge to all Active Sky Next users.  Those using the Steam FSX:SE DLC version of ASN should wait for the update available directly through Steam.  Those using the standard non-DLC version (for FSX or P3D) can update now at http://www.hifisimtech.com/downloads.

Active Sky Next is a full-featured weather simulation engine with a special emphasis on realism, compatible with FSX, FSX:SE, Prepar3D v2.5 and Prepar3D v3.x.  For more information and to find out why Active Sky Next is the #1 weather engine for desktop flight sim, please visit www.activeskynext.com today"""

24525769780_d06d7c0c35_o.png

Hello Fran, you can Install Active Sky Next where ever you choose, preferably Not though in (86)programfiles, pick anywhere else C/D/G. The ASConnect will install the relevant files into Prepar3D for you "configure_manager", and connect Active Sky Next to Prepar3D wherever it is Installed. Then when you Click on your ASN control panel it will also Automatically add an Entry to both exe.xml and dll.xml files, thus give you marvellous and beautiful weather:)

Some people have there own "ideas" about where is best to Install stuff but, Just for the future, don't install anything into (86)Programfiles.

Just make sure you have complete control over your Prepar3D folder (see the start of the Thread)

Run your PC and all your 3rd Party Software as administrator.

In saying all that I regularly Install stuff into (86) program files and never have problems, but just to be on the safe side, it's safer not to.

Yes,  you can Install Active Sky Next anywhere on your computer.    

After you enter your Licence Key  Make sure you Direct the ASConnect to your Prepar3D Folder,  Just like the image shows

---------------------------------------

ASConnect

Insure you have this set correctly, Click Next.  4  Confirm proper Install path to your Prepar3D folder.   Click Install

23757110960_dd2e1d3a3a_o.png

Hey poppet sorry i got confused with the ASconnect part. So with the "Select Prepar3d location", ill just click Program Files(x86) because by default thats where it is saved. Am i right?