Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How's the Saab 340 in the new beta ?...

Well,

I am seriously considering, since I was an active XP10 user sometime ago, taking the chance of an upcoming promotional sale and buying the SaaB. I know the Citation 500 will also become available in the future, but a turboprop suites my likes a better...

I wonder if any of you who own the SaaB can comment on how it performs with the prop torque fix ?

Have you opened it in Plane-Maker and saved, as recommended ( even if I don't really understand why... ) to get an aircraft model suited for the fix ? If you didn't go through this process, do you still notice any difference in performance in as far as torque and overall prop effects are concerned ?

Thx for any answers :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I haven't been over to "other" forums to check but doesn't Goran usually frown upon this type of shenanigans and say you'll break the aircraft?

It is even recommended not to open and save an aircraft that have some internal fixes made by the developer because this could lead to some unwanted issues, so much better to wait for an update or, at least, for a developer communication that will tell us if exporting the .acf would be ok or not.

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Good hint - forgot to check the "other" forum... Will do it ASAP!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Good hint - forgot to check the "other" forum... Will do it ASAP!

Jose, I have asked Goran about this, will see what he says.

Jose, I have asked Goran about this, will see what he says.

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

DO NOT save the flight model in Planemaker to see if it works with the new XP update.  The entire engine model of the Saab is custom coded.  We still have to thoroughly test it with the new X Plane update before we put the OK stamp on it.  If you DO decide to tinker with it, PLEASE make a back up of the acf file first!  

Ok,

thx for the prompt reply Goran!

I don't own it, yet :-)

How's the work on the C500 going ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ok,

thx for the prompt reply Goran!

I don't own it, yet :-)

How's the work on the C500 going ?

You're welcome.  

The Citation.  Let's just say the Citation is reaching levels of realism that we haven't seen yet.  Dare I say it, it'll have more realism than the Saab.  When we have something juicy to show, we will.

• Upvote 1

I hate the Citation 500 ... :-)  One of those forced our gliders out of a nice hangar we were able to use before it's arrival at LPSO :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

I hate the Citation 500 ... :-)  One of those forced our gliders out of a nice hangar we were able to use before it's arrival at LPSO :-(

When this one comes out, take off and then crash it.  Might make you feel better.

;)

• Upvote 2

I have done it few days ago when someone else suggested doing it - I must say I haven't noticed any difference on ANY of the props I own. But I haven't noticed any issues even before the fix, so oh well, probably not the best person to try it  :dance:

When this one comes out, take off and then crash it.  Might make you feel better.
;)

Sorry for a little offtopic, but you people talk about Citation 500, wasn't it 550 in the works or my mind plays tricks on me again? :P

550 afaik

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A bit O.T. Goran,Are You currently working on the IXEG 737 Classic also? Thank You

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have done it few days ago when someone else suggested doing it - I must say I haven't noticed any difference on ANY of the props I own. But I haven't noticed any issues even before the fix, so oh well, probably not the best person to try it  :dance:

Sorry for a little offtopic, but you people talk about Citation 500, wasn't it 550 in the works or my mind plays tricks on me again? :P

Correct.  It's the 550.

A bit O.T. Goran,Are You currently working on the IXEG 737 Classic also? Thank You

Unfortunately, no.  

• Upvote 1