Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How's the Saab 340 in the new beta ?...

Jcomm,  You will love the Saab!  It is simply fantastic! Im very pickey with my addons, but this is almost all I fly most of the time.  I really didnt think Id like it, and after buying it a few months ago, I fell in love with it. So much fun to fly, keep you busy and  is a very polished product. My 2cents.

Rob

• Upvote 2

Thx Rob!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I had the pleasure to be part of a closed beta for update 1.3 of the Saab.
While i had different opinion with LES team on a couple of (mostly cosmetic) things, truth is these guys fixed almost everything i thrown at them. I was very surprised how promptly and seriously they treated my thoughts on the Saab. As a result they improved a lot, including (but not limited to) very small details like: colour of the speed bug on ASI under certain lighting conditions (!) or position of sun visors when you first load the aircraft (!!).
Like Comanche said, once you spend some time with 340A you will slowly start realizing how much of a study sim it's got under the hood.

Not to sound too biased, this is what i miss in the Saab at the moment:
- dedicated load manager
- TCAS
- ability to assign both CLs to one joystick axis

- aircraft state saving?

:good:

15vnue.png

• Upvote 3

Regards,

Radek

Saab 340A was my first payware for X-Plane. Actually, first payware for any sim.

Since then, I learned quite a lot and from time's perspective I can appreciate how detailed it is. 

I couldn't even climb due to my poor power management back then. It's safe to say, that becuase of the LES' Saab, I took the simming more seriously and their aircraft taught me quite a lot of proper procedures. But besides all of that, it is just amazing plane, I'm sure you will have tons of fun with it José :]

• Upvote 4

Tests have been done for the new X Plane update, 1 major adjustment and a few very minor adjustments have been made to the package.

Took it for a full flight, and had it tested by 1 of the original Saab pilots that helped with development.  He said it's "perfect".  Particularly on the take off and landing, due to the torque roll fix.

An update will be out soon. 

• Upvote 5

Thx Lena!

Nice to see a girl enjoying sims!!!! My youngest daughter is probably going to join you ( your profession ), at Emirates, as cabin crew trainee ... but she, just as her older sister, hate aircraft :-/ and my poor son in law has a big problem finding time to go flying ( he owns a PPL / ULM ). 

I'll buy the SaaB ASAP, but for now I had to spend the budget I had to invest ( again ) in X-Plane 10 on SMP v3...

BTW: SMP v3 is VERY GOOD !

@Goran: Thx for the latest report on compatibility with 10.45 b1

P.S.: Bummer, I'm about to buy it.... :-|

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Tests have been done for the new X Plane update, 1 major adjustment and a few very minor adjustments have been made to the package.

Took it for a full flight, and had it tested by 1 of the original Saab pilots that helped with development.  He said it's "perfect".  Particularly on the take off and landing, due to the torque roll fix.

An update will be out soon. 

Good to hear Goran. Thanks for the continued support and dedication. I'm also anxious to see your next project come to life.

BTW: SMP v3 is VERY GOOD !

Absolutely. I do hope development is ongoing though.

Thx Tony, I will - just trying to recover from Christmas budget shortage, and SMP v3 :-)

Main Simulation Rig: