Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Recording effects on FSX: Steam and VAS impact

Hi

I am currently on the verge of buying PrecipitFX and 737 Immersion packages.

I am PMDG 737 NGX user and have it installed on my stable FSX: Steam platform.

I have 2 questions though:

a) Having multiple addons installed combined with really nice graphics I am able to run between 2 full blown FTX regions in 737 NGX, having lot of settings on MAX and supported with GSX, REX4 and ASN and never cross 3,7 GB VAS limit.

I need to understand - what is the VAS impact of both packages? Is there any? I do not have much overhead here so I need to be sure it will not be a big impact.

b) Having no possibility to record with latest stable version of FS Recorder in FSX Steam edition (not compatible) I need to use FS Recorder 1.331. Is it possible to view the effects with this old 2009 version which is the last compatible with FSX Steam? I land the aircraft only from cockpit view but I want to use this software to watch replays.

Hope these won't be showstoppers. Thanks in advance for responses!

Hi Tomasz,

737 Immersion is very light on VAS usage, we estimate around 5Mb of VAS Usage at all time when most of the effects are active.

PrecipitFX does not have a measurable impact on VAS.

For FSRecorder, we have not tried v1.331 on :SE but we know the latest version in FSX works great with all of our packages.

I hope this answers your questions!

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have tried in vain to get fsrecorder v1.331 to work with the steam edition, no joy. Ive used the manual install whereby you have to copy the recorder DLL and insert some lines into DLL.xml. If yu have managed to get it working could you please tell me how?

Thomas Derbyshire

Just a thought but a great product for you guys to develop would be a recording utility. Maybe buy the rights to fsrecorder and develop a version for prepar3d FSX steam etc. 

After all the biggest objection to the immersion series is the ,"I can't see some of the coolest effects from cockpit and I can't switch views when landing!"

I'd certainly pony up $25 or so for a recording utility so I could see my immersion package effects on replay. 

I have the 777 version as well as the precipitfsx. I will get the 737 eventually and also hope you'll do a pack for the pmdg 747 when it comes out.

Also love the new fsx central, nice work.

Matt Attwell

• Upvote 1