Sign in to follow this  
BROGY

Aerosoft F16 Falcon with FSX:SE

Dear reader,

After installing Aerosoft F16 Falcon (and the updates) in the FSX:SE simobjects/airplanes map I can only choose 3 airplanes in the FSX-SE "free flight" menu.

Those are Texture.NSAWC_Blue and Texture.NSAWC_Brown of the Aerosoft F-16A 9 plane and the Texture.Shaw_20FW of the Aerosoft F-16C 120-9-88-370-184 plane.

What could be wrong ?

Where was the Aerosoft F-16 purchased from...Aerosoft or from the Steam site? =@

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK. since it came from Aerosoft, that eliminated one cause.    Does the aircraft folder contain multiple model

folders or are there multiple Aerosoft F-16 folders in SimObjects/Airplanes?  I'm looking for possible aliased

panels to, let's call it the F-16A model and folder.  Some freeware aircraft, like the F-16, came with 3 aircraft folders

that had to be put into SimObjects/Airplanes.  All the panels and sounds for the F-16B and F-16C aliased to the

F-16A model.  I'm not sure if Aerosoft has done the same for it's download.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes they are all installed in multiple folders in the simobjects/airplanes/ map

Look into SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel folder. If you don't have panel.cfg file, you have to rename existing panel.cfg.xpack to panel.cfg.

Hope it works, it worked for me.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2016 at 2:20 PM, jmalaca said:

Look into SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel folder. If you don't have panel.cfg file, you have to rename existing panel.cfg.xpack to panel.cfg.

Hope it works, it worked for me.

Just re-installed my boxed version of the Aerosoft F-16 in FSX:SE and realized there were absolutely no panel.cfg files!!

Reading this, I determined that you do have to rename the panel.cfg.xpack files to panel.cfg. Answered my question! 

Thanks jmalaca!!! 👍

Regards,

Braden