Sign in to follow this  
Chatster007

Moving FSX and NGX to new SSD

Hi,

I had FSX installed onto my HDD, but as I was purchasing the NGX I decided to move the file over to my SSD. I didn't do this completley conventionally using Steam Mover. This worked and everything is going well!. However I now wish to install every steam related application to a 250GB SSD I have just purchased.

As steam mover uses links to allow the game, I'd like some advice as to how to approach this.

Do I need to revert the step by using the back arrow so the game is now completley on my HDD first? How will this affect the NGX?

I am concerned that I'll do this and then lose my NGX (which I absoloutley love!) and thus the money I spent on it. I'd like some form of reassurance that if this happens I will be able to get my NGX back and reinstalled?

My set up:
SSD1: OS, Steam.exe, Steamapps, FSX,
HDD: Steamlibrary, FSX Shortcut + 10 games.
SSD2: I would like everything other than the OS on this SSD including FSX:SE and NGX.

I hope you can shed some light on this.

Kind Regards

George Hunt

I am concerned that I'll do this and then lose my NGX (which I absoloutley love!) and thus the money I spent on it.

Even if it disappeared off of your hard drive, you could simply re-download the installer from your account on our site, and reinstall it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Thank you for the reply! So if I lost it, I can still download it?

Would you recommend uninstalling it before I tried to move the files across?

Kind Regards

George Hunt

So if I lost it, I can still download it?

Yes. Log in to your account > View Previous Orders > Click on the order > Link at the bottom of the page.

Would you recommend uninstalling it before I tried to move the files across?

I'd uninstall everything Sim-related, and reinstall to be sure there aren't any registry errors.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't suppose you have any knowledge of steam mover? I used that to move it from HDD to the current SSD. 

Is there anyone that could give me a step by step guide on moving everything across?

Thank you for your help Kyle !!

George Hunt