Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Salzburg released by Digital Design

Yes sir.

Go to your Lockheed user directory ((yourdrivename) Users\(your usr name)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) or in your case FSX

Change the following in the the camera cfg file [CameraDefinition.201] Title = EZCA VC cam the following line...

clipmode=minimal to clipmode=normal

That will solve the Z buffer issue...

André

Go to your Lockheed user directory ((yourdrivename) Users\(your usr name)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) or in your case FSX

Change the following in the the camera cfg file [CameraDefinition.201] Title = EZCA VC cam the following line...

clipmode=minimal to clipmode=normal

That will solve the Z buffer issue...

Thanks Andre for trying to help. I'm on FSX. There's no [CameraDefinition.201] in my Cameras.cfg file. All I see is

[CameraDefinition.202]

Title=EZdok universal world camera

Guid={607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF288380691}

Description=EZdok universal world camera

Origin=Fixed

SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel

SnapPbhReturn=False

PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

PanPbhReturn=False

Track=none

ShowAxis=No

AllowZoom=Yes

InitialZoom=1

SmoothZoomTime=1

ShowWeather=Yes

XyzAdjust=True

Transition=No

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category=Custom

ClipMode=Spot

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=5

cyclehidden=Yes

FixedLongitude=37.910548752051

FixedLatitude=55.4228687612085

FixedAltitude=54.9846757716455

I changed clipmode=normal but there are still ground textures around the main terminal that are flashing.

I went to each plane and change aircraft.cfg and changed clipmode=normal in [CameraDefinition.201] but still no luck. This only happens in some new sceneries. I have about 100 add-ons and they all work. It's just a few new airports where the ground flicker or flash. Those are no longer on my computer.

This one is staying with the flickering. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks Andre for trying to help. I'm on FSX. There's no [CameraDefinition.201] in my Cameras.cfg file. All I see is

Disregard it seems you have tried it - I think its the scenery not your settings - I am not using ezdok and see a bit of what you are talking about - might have to look into some graphic changes - have not has time to investigate

Rich Sennett

I have also installed LOWS. It seems that it breaks the current SODE installation v1.21, which is required for a number of other Aerosoft airports and dates it back to v1.03.

In that case you have to run the SODE v1.21 installer again (be aware that the current v1.30 of SODE will break the jetway function until airport developers come with an update (e.g. EPWA, LIRF).

I will check and see whether LOWS runs with SODE v1.21.

Cheers,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Great, all we needed was yet another developer with yet another engine that runs in the background causing all sorts of issues.

If we choose to disable this "SODE" thing, what are the consequences? I really wanted to purchase LOWS, but if i have to run stuff in the background for it to work, i'll just skip it.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think it's great new technologies are developed to further work around some of the limitations in the simulator giving us the chance to see and have features we wouldn't otherwise have.

However it would of course be nice if the developers in some way could agree what engines/tools/versions to use so the products work together but I guess that is only wishful thinking on my part :wink:

Richard Åsberg

If we choose to disable this "SODE" thing, what are the consequences?

I would not recommend that as it is required for object placement, lighting and other things. You will loose that in the scenery.

I also would not worry too much about installation: development is a dynamic process and it is (unfortunately) normal that we have to deal with such issues, especially with "new" and continuously developed technology such as SODE.

By the way: the LOWS is great work!

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I'll have to wait and see. While i agree that new technology and improvements are good, i also think that these external tools should be widely tested and matured before making its way to the general public.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

i can only second that,

if i install LOWS it will break at least 4 other (Aerosoft) airports. Actually it looks great, yesterday i bought it , but i,ve not installed it because of the SODE incompatibilities.

Another concern is the lack of support : no website, no fórum (only russian), so i´ll wait for a little bit more feedback from users or maybe from the developer and see if there is a way to install this scenery, without breaking others.

Lars

• Upvote 1

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Just an FYI regarding SODE, Mathijs posted that they are working on updating their sceneries as 1.30 has no backwards compatibility.

It is in the scenery support section as a sticky.

Waleed N

OK guys, now the solution: LOWS installs the v1.03 of SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe in the SODE folder. This will break functionality with all other v1.21 airports.You just replace the v1.03 SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe file with the previous V1.21 or V1.22 file, and the older airports work again. Of course you need a backup or the older installer.

I am wondering though why the developer used the older v1.03 SODE version and why the file was not updated prior to release.

Remark: if the runway lights are not working, reload the scenery and/or SODE

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

Who has devloped SODE. And where can I download it?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

But the current v1.30 will break ALL jetways! Not advisable to install if you will use them. Best wait until the airport developers come out with an update

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

OK guys, now the solution: LOWS installs the v1.03 of SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe in the SODE folder. This will break functionality with all other v1.21 airports.You just replace the v1.03 SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe file with the previous V1.21 file, and the older airports work again. Of course you need a backup or the older installer.

I am wondering though why the developer used the older v1.03 SODE version and why the file was not updated prior to release.

Remark: if the runway lights are not working, reload the scenery and/or SODE

How do I find out what version of SODE I have installed? Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

How do I find out what version of SODE I have installed? Thanks.

Right click on the SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe file. Go to "Properties", then to "Details". Then you will see the file / product version number. Version 1.21 or 1.22 should work. I am sure the developer will come out with a patch soon.

Regards,

Chris

--