Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Salzburg released by Digital Design

Right click on the SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe file. Go to "Properties", then to "Details". Then you will see the file / product version number. Version 1.21 or 1.22 should work. I am sure the developer will come out with a patch soon.

Excellent. Thx.

It says v 1.2.2.

This version was installed by the latest version of DD EETN. It eliminated that black screen that opens with FSX. Aside from the flickering ground textures around the main terminal, I have not noticed any issues with LOWS. If there's something else that I can check, please let me know.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'll have to wait and see. While i agree that new technology and improvements are good, i also think that these external tools should be widely tested and matured before making its way to the general public.

Totally agree SODE is a "will not buy" for me, it's a joke and what for....jet ways, really, sort it out and all the muti entry's it makes.

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Can someone point us to a place where we can download version 1.21 of sode? and which Aerosoft airport installer comes with it? So one could just do a repair install?

Hi,

Nassau, Rome, Bonaire and Svolvaer actually use SODE 1.21.

Just popped over to the aerosoft forum and one of the support staff members stated, that they just received an email from the developer of LOWS, confirming that LOWS will aslo work with SODE 1.21.

Lars

Sorry, i hit the "send" button too early ! 

more information can be found at the  Aerosoft Support Forum, there´s a pinned Topic on top regarding SODE issues and hopefully some workarounds.

Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Also check for multiple entries in the exe.xml, proper path, and delete the entries you do not need.

Example:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>SODE</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Well, then let's now enjoy a flight in LOWS with V121 or v122 SODE

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thanks Andre for trying to help. I'm on FSX. There's no [CameraDefinition.201] in my Cameras.cfg file. All I see is

g and changed clipmode=normal in [CameraDefinition.201] but still no luck. This only happens in some new sceneries. I have about 100 add-ons and they all work. It's just a few new airports where the ground flicker or flash. Those are no longer on my computer.

This one is staying with the flickering. :smile:

Sorry I forgot lol, FSX and EZDOK will make entries in the aircraft cfg file to be precise... Well it was worth to try and solved the issues here local ;-)

André

Sorry I forgot lol, FSX and EZDOK will make entries in the aircraft cfg file to be precise... Well it was worth to try solved the issues here local ;-)

No problem. I'm going to do a video with my camera just to show what is going on. Maybe the developer will look into this ASAP.

Hi everyone! I know that this is actually a thread for P3D users, but since also FSX users seem to discuss their problems with the Salzburg scenery here, let me throw in my two pennies worth:

I'm using FSX as well and while Evgeny Baturin has done a splendid visual job designing the Salzburg scenery, I must say that I'm a little disappointed by the (probably avoidable) technical flaws the scenery has. I'm particularly disappointed because I was tempted by the very positive reviews given by users of the scenery on SimMarket - and therefore expected a rather flawless scenery.

First of all, it has already been mentioned that GSX causes problems with the scenery. At night time, whenever I want to use GSX around my airplane in Salzburg, all taxiway and runway lights go out. This seems to be a conflict with SODE, and FSDreamTeam (the makers of GSX) are already aware of that problem and plan a GSX update that should fix this: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=13016.new

Secondly, I can't even use GSX for very long. The program crashes and tells me to install the latest standalone add-on manager. I did that, and still I get those crashes. So, due to the use of SODE, GSX doesn't seem to work at all currently at Salzburg Airport. And that is particularly disappointing, bearing in mind that GSX is a very popular add-on - so Mr. Baturin and his testers should have thoroughly tested beforehand whether it works with the scenery.

Thirdly, the AFCAD seems to be faulty. When I request taxi clearance from Salzburg Ground, it only tells me the parking position or active runway but not via which taxiways I get there. Additionally, when I asked GSX to provide a follow-me car after my landing on RWY33 in Salzburg (strangely enough, GSX didn't crash while I taxied behind the follow-me car) in order to find my parking position, the follow-me car suddenly veered off taxiway L, drove across the grass and right through the hangars and fuel tanks at the north end of the General Aviation apron. And then it vanished. So I was left alone, without any taxi route, without any follow-me car, and was happy to find my way to the parking position nevertheless - and then GSX crashed when I tried to deboard my passengers.

Fourthly, I don't even know how I can contact Mr. Baturin in order to inform him about the errors. He doesn't seem to have a website and the manual provided with the LOWS scenery is only two pages long and doesn't contain the slightest contact information for official support.

So can anyone confirm having the same problems - and can anyone tell me how I reach Mr. Baturin?

If all those problems are fixed, Salzburg will sure be the fine scenery that it looks like already. But until then, I must say that I'm not very fond of using that scenery as long as I can't even find my parking position without the help of maps and I can't deboard my passengers and containers.

Fourthly, I don't even know how I can contact Mr. Baturin in order to inform him about the errors. He doesn't seem to have a website and the manual provided with the LOWS scenery is only two pages long and doesn't contain the slightest contact information for official support.

If you go to simMarket and click on Digital Design, you will see Evgeny's official contact Email.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

If you go to simMarket and click on Digital Design, you will see Evgeny's official contact Email.

Thank you for the help!

New update is out with SODE v 1.3.

Let's see how long it's going to take Aerosoft devs to update their sceneries to support SODE 1.3.

New update is out with SODE v 1.3.

Let's see how long it's going to take Aerosoft devs to update their sceneries to support SODE 1.3.

i only have DD EPWA so doing this updated version from simmarket is a no go right?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I like the promo video! The surrounding scenery including Salzburg castle looks amazing!