Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Salzburg released by Digital Design

Totally agree SODE is a "will not buy" for me, it's a joke and what for....jet ways, really, sort it out and all the muti entry's it makes.

you really think people developing engines that allow devs to do interesting things that would be otherwise not doable is a joke?

Orbx has the same thing, object flow, fsdreamteam and flightbeam have coutall.

It would be great if they let everyone use their engines but that's not going to happen.

Sode (how ever silly the name is) will likely become the software of choice for all other scenery developers if you want *native* wind driven windsocks, textured lights that only come on at night, animations such as hanger doors that open as you get closer to them or by control, objects that switch texture depending on weather or time of the year, and Te best most accurate jetways since AES.

i have great respect for Jeffery who is developing this for free while also being an airline pilot.

This reply got a little longer than I intended, please don't take offence :)

Nick

• Upvote 2

Hi,

by default, after installation of LOWS(which directed to D: p3dv3/simmarket) i also have a b12pilot/SODE folder in c programdata.

The SODE installation itself at the end of the LOWS installation i directed inside my p3dv3 folder where it is now.

My question, can i move the SODE folder from programdata to my P3dv3 folder where the other SODE folder is, and "merge" them?

And one more btw, where should the p3dv3 exe.xml and dll.xml be located?? I have these both in programdata/LM... as well as in appdata/roaming/LM... . My UT2 entries for example sit in the ones at appdata/roaming/LM... But SODE installed its entries in the ones at programdata/LM... ??

Thanks,

Simon

Hi,

by default, after installation of LOWS(which directed to D: p3dv3/simmarket) i also have a b12pilot/SODE folder in c programdata.

The SODE installation itself at the end of the LOWS installation i directed inside my p3dv3 folder where it is now.

My question, can i move the SODE folder from programdata to my P3dv3 folder where the other SODE folder is, and "merge" them?

And one more btw, where should the p3dv3 exe.xml and dll.xml be located?? I have these both in programdata/LM... as well as in appdata/roaming/LM... . My UT2 entries for example sit in the ones at appdata/roaming/LM... But SODE installed its entries in the ones at programdata/LM... ??

Thanks,

Simon

You can try but I would delete it in sim scenery library first then re-activate it again after you moved it - you will have to find it again in library to route it - if it doesnt work no biggie reverse what you did

Rich Sennett

I now moved/merged the SODE folder from programdata to the SODE folder in p3dv3 root folder. Also deleted one of two SODE entries in simobjects.cfg. LOWS still seems to work alright.

And i think the exe.xml and dll.xml in appdata/roaming which i was talking about in my above post have been created by the migration tool. I just copied the UT2 entries from there to the exe.xml in programdata, but then when starting p3d the red UT2 warning came back and UT2 didn't work. By deleting the UT2 entries again (so they are only in the exe.xml in appdata/roaming) UT2 works again with no warning.

Sorry, completely off topic... :Shame On You:

Might be me but where is the Gates at LOWS? Because i dont seem to have any. Guess SODE might be the problem?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Totally agree SODE is a "will not buy" for me, it's a joke and what for....jet ways, really, sort it out and all the muti entry's it makes.

For me too, SODE is a joke and i don't buy software with SODE!

I hope Digital Design makes a update for his Salzburg scenery without SODE.

Hallo,

has anyone else the problem, that when you activate GEX in LOWS, all lighthning ( taxiway ...) disapear ?

brgds

For me too, SODE is a joke and i don't buy software with SODE!

I hope Digital Design makes a update for his Salzburg scenery without SODE.

So, what is exactly your problem with SODE?

I installed LOWS and have no trouble at all.

So, what is exactly your problem with SODE?

I installed LOWS and have no trouble at all.

same here works fine ;-)

André

No problem with SODE 1.3 here at all. Even the old SODE 1.2 airports "work", but obviously their jetways will not move until the develpers update their sceneries. DD with LOWS was quick with the update and it works flawlessly.

I would not change the default installation locations of SODE 1.3 as all the other SODE 1.3 airports will install in the SODE program data as well.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR