Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Baron or Cessna

B55. The avionics continuous whine on the C310 drives me nuts! Other than that, it's a toss up.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Josh,

Ron is being a little modest. He has done an excellent repaint of the T-42 (military version of the B55) and has also

done a very nice repaint of the C310. I'd get'm both just for his repaints. :-)

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Hi Josh,

I just picked them both up last weekend during the sale - both are superb and I would be torn to pick the better one even though I'm a Beech guy...

Go Navy !

:)

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Josh,

Look at Ron's repaints and see if there is one that really stands out and go with that one.

I like the T-42 because that is what I flew in the Army during my multi-engine, instrument training.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Josh,

Ron is being a little modest. He has done an excellent repaint of the T-42 (military version of the B55) and has also

done a very nice repaint of the C310. I'd get'm both just for his repaints. :-)

blaustern

Painting is one thing, flying them is another. I'm not modest about that Army B55 though, one of my favourite paints.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

While the VC in the Baron is gob-smackingly beautiful, I prefer flying in the 310 both for its lower fps impact and (IMHO) more realistic flight dynamics.

I have both, and there is something about the Baron and its VC that really makes it an immersive plane to fly. Not that crazy about the VC in the 310 but also a nice plane!

Everybody likes each. I will take it all into consideration. Thanks for the input.

Josh Scholl

Tough call.  The B55 has a nicer VC, but the C310 features a model with a blank avionics area so you can install your own radios, GPS, radar, etc. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

If your into old school, the B55 is an awesome airplane. I have it and prefer it over any of the other that I have. The vc is awesome. It flies like the real deal.  IMHO you will not be disappointed in it. Give it a try. Cpt out.