Sign in to follow this  
neilcm

GTN750 in the SR22.

Hi all,

Anyone managed this yet?? 

If so please send info about how to please.

Neil

Bump 

Filler Filler

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I tried it.... not worth it.... it doesn't really fit well and looks totally silly.  Plus it's not as nicely done as Bert's mods for other planes.

You can see in the second post someone photoshopped it (I wish it could look like that)

And farther down my post... how silly is really looks!

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-in-carenado-sr22s-mfd_topic54002_post339338.html?KW=cirrus#339338

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks!  I log-in and check it out.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I actually had this working in P3D very similar to the Photoshop "concept drawing" posted by flya150 in that linked forum, but then reinstalled P3D and forgot to back up the panel config files. :fool:  

Unfortunately, I've not had the chance to revisit it but even with that setup, the interface was dodgy at best -- Not ideal, but workable.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Now we're finally getting somewhere... I resurrected my previous code changes to put the GTN in the SR22.

kmmpzR7.jpg

I lack Bert skills when it comes to these merges but he did give me a few tips on how to accomplish it. However, some major caveats apply and I'm testing out if I can work around them. Most notably, if you switch to the engines page on the MFD, the GTN is still there, blocking the view. I don't have Bert's GTN mod for the 850 or Phenom(s), but is that how it works?

More to come... hopefully soon!

Trevor Bair

My Real World Travels

if you switch to the engines page on the MFD, the GTN is still there, blocking the view.

Unfortunately, I doubt there's any way around that, as the engine page is still part of the CAR G1000 MFD gauge.  So the model can only display 'one or the other'  (the CAR gauge or the GTN).

Does look great there in the VC though.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Unfortunately, I doubt there's any way around that, as the engine page is still part of the CAR G1000 MFD gauge.  So the model can only display 'one or the other'  (the CAR gauge or the GTN).

Does look great there in the VC though.

I'm not so sure this is totally true. For the Carenado CJ2 Citation we used the MFD to house the GTN750. This Proline 21 has the Engine and Fuel management at the top 1/4 or so of the screen and the nav information using the bottom 3/4. We managed (Janek and Bert) to relocate the entire Engine and Fuel Info graphics to another location totally fixed in the VC and also to make them available as a popup and therefore be zoomed up with a click of the mouse. This left the entire MFD area to use for the GTN750 which will function while in the frame and also as a popup.

So there might be some options that have not been fully explored.

Jump over to the CJ2 support area and see some dazzling screenshots of an outstanding solution for GTN users.

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Already available for download ray?

What would that be?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks and that's exactly it, Dave. Though, without possessing anything near Bert's XML-editing abilities. :smile:  But, it seems to work with some limitations, but it does work! 

That looks really good Trevor. Do you edit the xml files to achieve that?

Dave.

Tested the other day flying out of SQL and it's working, more or less.  :good:

Hvt0dtC.jpg

If anyone wants to help beta test, please shoot me a PM with your email address so that I can send you the files.

thanks!

• Upvote 1

Trevor Bair

My Real World Travels

Anybody got these files?  Would really like to give it a go and try to get the gtn 750 inside the sr22.  Love the airplane other than the g1000 system in it

I have been wondering this too - I sent a PM to Trevor about it a while ago but haven't heard anything, anyone else have access to the files?