Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

Tools menu and uT2 options

Hi,

In V3 there was a "tools" entry in the menu. In this entry, there was a sub menu in which I could select what I wanted the AI aircrafts of UT2 to be seen : I wallways selected Company, Altitude, Aircraft name and AI flight plan.

I had to modify these options at each begining of flight, because, and I don't now why, these informations where not conserved in prepar3d.cfg from one flight to the next.

In V3.1 this menu entry does not exist any more.

I looked in the help : its seems to be a possibility of modify the P3D menus, but it is not well explained.

My question : I would like to see what I want on the label of my UT2 AI aircrafts; is there a possibility to put in the prepar3d.cfg and it is conserved, or is there a way to add the "tools" item in the menu.

Thank's and best regards

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Hello,

Nobody to help me?????????????????????

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Do you mean the Traffic Toolbox from the P3D SDK? The "Tools" menu is rendered when you install the SDK and reference the Traffic Toolbox in the DLL.XML for example like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document id="dll" version="3,0" Type="AceXML">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.1.2.15831\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

The DLL.XML is in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

First item in the TrafficToolbox menu is the "Settings" where you can configure the labels. But I don't think that these can be saved permamently

But what you can do in the Prepar3d.cfg is to set those labels manually and P3D should remember. The available options are:

[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=0
ShowLabelModel=0
ShowLabelTailNumber=1
ShowLabelDistance=0
ShowLabelAltitude=0
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000

LORBY-SI

Thank's. I will verify my dll.xml, there is probably a mistake.

But, whatever I change in the prepar3d.cfg is not kept the next time I fly, and this is since v2.x. It is probably a bug from LM. It allways retrives to the origial above..

Happy new year.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Happy new year to you too!

You could just make a copy of the edited prepar3d.cfg and paste it over every time you start P3D. A simple batch file would do the trick. A more elaborate way would be to use a startup manager like SimStarter.

LORBY-SI

I think it's easier just to open the tools menu and clic where I want.

Thank's for all

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX