I'm not convinced that there are problems with the drivers or everyone would have issues with them. I'm using the 361.43 drivers with Windows 7 64bit and an MSI GTX 970 Gaming card and have no problems whatsoever. However, I never update to a new driver without fully uninstalling the previous one. I use Display Driver Uninstaller for a guaranteed way of completely clearing out the old drivers - http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. I also avoid installing GeForce Experience which seems to cause more problems than it solves and does nothing for FSX anyway. If you're having problems, try a complete uninstall and reboot before reinstalling the latest drivers.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm not convinced that there are problems with the drivers or everyone would have issues with them.

Good that it's working for you but there are a lot of variables to compatibility.  I'm using an ASUS GeForce GTX 970 TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5 Video Card on Win 8.1 with FSX-MS.  I don't uninstall first since I want the option of falling back to the last version.  I don't use GeForce Experience either.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

My current driver using Windows 10 is 353.82.  All is fine.  

Like Vortex681 I am using a MSI GTX 970 Gaming. My version is 4GB GDDR5 100ME.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I don't use GeForce Experience either.

Neither do I, or their 3D Vision crap too. Just plain and simple drivers.

Good that it's working for you but there are a lot of variables to compatibility.  I'm using an ASUS GeForce GTX 970 TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5 Video Card on Win 8.1 with FSX-MS.  I don't uninstall first since I want the option of falling back to the last version.  I don't use GeForce Experience either.

I agree about the variability between systems but, in some ways, that was my point. NVIDIA can't test everything and it's more likely to be a conflict with some other piece of software than a fundamental problem with the drivers themselves or, as I mentioned before, everyone would have issues which clearly isn't the case.

As to uninstalling previous drivers first, the only serious problem I had in the past with updating graphics drivers was solved by fully uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest version again which is why I now do it every time.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just got a new gaming rig in November from CyberpowerPC with Win 10 installed (had no choice in that). On the second Microsoft update, two of my programs were DELETED during the update by MS:  One was Speccy, a hardware monitoring program that also gives temperature readings.  Reason given for deletion by Microsoft:  "The program does not work...".   Even if that were true (I believe the Speccy app works fine, having tried several other similar apps),  I think it should be up to the PC user to decide what gets deleted, not Microsoft.  Of course, I re-installed it.  But the point is, I no longer have control of updates in Win 10, besides doing an uninstall.  

BTW, in my new rig I have a GTX 970 - thanks for heads-up on that update.

I use Display Driver Uninstaller for a guaranteed way of completely clearing out the old drivers - http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html.

I downloaded and used this utility on an older PC that I don't use for FSX.  It had an NVIDIA GeForce 200 video card but the utility seems to have disabled it and installed a basic Microsoft display adapter.  Now I can't seem to get the NVIDIA adapter recognized.

Any idea what happened???

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I downloaded and used this utility on an older PC that I don't use for FSX.  It had an NVIDIA GeForce 200 video card but the utility seems to have disabled it and installed a basic Microsoft display adapter.  Now I can't seem to get the NVIDIA adapter recognized.

Any idea what happened???

The whole idea of the application is that it completely removes all traces of the NVIDIA drivers and Windows then uses its own generic drivers. Just download the latest NVIDIA drivers for your card and Windows version and install them - they will recognise your card.

The whole idea of the application is that it completely removes all traces of the NVIDIA drivers and Windows then uses its own generic drivers.

Then apparently I did it right...  I should have read more about it first. :fool:  But since then I've downloaded and installed the NVIDIA drivers.  All good.  Not sure I'll try it on my FSX PC yet.  "If it ain't broke..."

Since I started this topic, I thought I should report that I reloaded 361.43 drivers and installed from GeForce Experience and when starting FSX-MS Acceleration (Win 8.1) everything froze as before.  Going back to 359.06 worked fine.  Then I installed and ran Guru3D DDU and then installed 361.43 from the NVIDIA downloads and everything runs fine.  So it must have been some previous version holdover that was the incompatibility.  Issue resolved.  -Thanks 

Folks, just make sure "Gamma" is ON in either Nvidia Control Panel or in your NI settings.  There's a known problem when gamma is set to OFF that causes freezes.  I'll need to search on guru3d to post where I found that little tid bit of info, but it worked for me.

Here's the post from GURU3D:

icon1.gif 01-05-2016, 13:42 | posts: 13,429 | Location: England

Be careful about turning AA - Gamma Correction off with this driver in the Global profile as there is a known issue with it that can cause system freezing and/or BSODs. This what happened for me but setting it back to On has fixed the issue completely for me. Other people, including Wagnard, have confirmed this issue.

If you need to turn it off then I would personally recommend doing it on a per-game basis until NVIDIA fix this properly.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."