Sign in to follow this  
alex

Fatal Crash selecting any Wilco Airbus2 Evolution aircraft

Hi!

I believe I have followed every instructions to the letter and more than once, without antivirus on even, but I am unable to get the airbuses to load with FS2Crew installed.

I have Vista 64Bit and I am using FSX. In case this matters, I am using dx10 steve's fixer.

I have turned off DEP and checked it stayed off, I have turned UAC off ("lever" full down), I have run every installer with admin rights. I have deleted fsx.cfg and let it rebuild a new one, still CTD ("fatal error") after the AC model appears in the display window. I am also starting FS in menu window with a Cessna selected as default and also with 2D panel as default panel.

If I restore the original panel.cfg the buses load. 

I first installed Wilco Airbus2 evolution and checked everything is working. 

I tried testing after each FS2Crew install step (FS2Crewairbusspecial.exe, fs2crewairbusspecialupdate2.exe, fs2crew_start_center_april_2009_setup.exe and Fs2crew_airbus_evolution_upgrade.exe and the airbus stop loading after the first step, although that could be of it being an older fs2crew version than the aircrafts.

Any suggestions left...? Much appreciated,

I use FS2Crew with Level-D and aerosoft buses without issues.

Alex

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Ok I will try that, thanks.

Long distance support like this must be like looking for a needle in a haystack...

I considered Windows 10 when upgrading my PC but I read so many negative reviews regarding FS stability that I feared for the worst. Are things quieter now? 

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

I've been using Windows 10 for a long time with no issues.  It's certainly better than Vista by a country mile.

The current state of the art is either FSX Steam or P3D V3 (there are arguments for both).

Also, if you're serious about Airbus, the Aerosoft Airbus is currently the best.

The Wilco Airbus is a very old product now.

Bryan, I haven't yet had the chance to test your suggestion (although, I think I tried it while I was trying to get it to work, but not with the Cessna but the paraglider, and it didn't work).

I am flying old FSX. I am kind of allergic to steam :), due to its requirements to be online et al... But P3D is tempting. Anything with real cloud shadows gets my vote.

Indeed I fly Aerosoft's Airbus :), thank you. With your FS2Crew version for it. It is indeed much more state of the art than old wilco. I was going back to wilco just so that I could try and merge a freeware model of an A330F with Wilco panel and fly it as realistic as possible - which means with FS2Crew as well. If I am unable to make FS2Crew run with Wilco Airbus I'll just ditch this project and quietly await Aerosoft's A330 in the making... crossing fingers for a cargo version.

Will  get back to you to say if your suggestion worked or not. Thanks.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Bryan,

I ended up uninstalling Wilco's A330 and move on to PMDG's MD11.

Imagine my surprise when the SAME issue happened.

I flew the MD11 tutorial yesterday with no issues but when I installed your FS2CREW addon and selected the MD11 from the menu I got the same CTD.

I decided to disable all the DLLs trusted by FSX. I was able to load the MD11 with FS2CREW!

Eventually I narrowed down the culprit - FSCAPTAIN.DLL. Without it I can load the MD11 and everything seems fine.

When I find out more I'll post here.

I should add that I was able to fly level-d with FS2Crew and FSCaptain together with no issues.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Hi Bryan,

This happens before I let FScaptain change the panel.cfg, i.e. before I add the FSCaptain gauge (an FCDU gauge) to the MD11 panel. Unless I am wrong, fscaptain hasn't made any changes to the MD11 files yet.

I am going to collect crast info to share with the FSCaptain forum to see if they can sort out what's happening. 

Rui

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal