Sign in to follow this  
ankh21

Can i use wildcards in the product.ini?

Hello Steve!

Thanks for your software and all your work and support here!

As a user of the Shockwave Redux lights in DX10 i have to live with the compromise of either converting the Shockwave lights and loosing the visibility over distance, or to leave them unconverted and live with some issues.

Today i was thinking of using the "exclude effect" section of the product.ini. The idea is to convert the shockwave landing lights (cause i have the most issues in DX10 with them, and they is no need of having long distance visibility of landing lights,) by un-ticking the corresponding entry in the Fixer software, but to exclude all the beacons and strobes effects via the product.ini.

As we are talking about a little number of files, i want to ask the question, if the product.ini accepts wildcards like fx_shockwave_strobe_*, or is it necessary to write every single effect name into the .ini file?

Thank you, and the best wishes for 2016!

Matthias

It doesn't do what you want it to - i.e. it doesn't support wildcards.

Why not convert everything - take a copy of the landing lights,  then change effects to be lights only or whatever - then copy in your saved landing effect.

Thank you for the fast respond!

Mh, just copy is a good idea!! Really great :dance:

Will try that immediately!

Thanks again!

Matthias