Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Configure Throttles in fsuipc?

Is it possible to configure axis for J41 Throttles and Prop Pitch in fsuipc such that moving them into reverse, as set in fsuipc, will move them fully back?

I have set the joystick configuration in fsuipc for my CH Throttles to reflect the indents and reverse, but the Throttles in the J41 only go as far as 'idle' and 'taxi' even when the CH controls are moved into the reverse position.

Is this a quirk of this PMDG aircraft, or is there something else I could try. I don't really want to have to resort to using F2/F3 to get them to move fully reversed / feathered?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart.

I use the saitek throttles so this may not be relevant. I use fsx to program the throttle and prop control. The saitek has a reverse section which is in effect a button which is programmed to fsx reverse. I discovered that if you put one engine in reverse it also did the second. This didn't help when I shut down the engines individually as the live one overheated. I overcame this by programming the buttons below the throttles as engine 1 or 2 select and engine all select to reset the controls.

It would probably be easier to use fsuipc but this works for me. And I only have the unregistered version.

Having the registered version of fsuipc, and having configured the full reverse throttles/pitch for all other aircraft successfully, I'm surprised that the JS41 won't drop into the full reverse.

Thanks for your advice, and unless someone else can help, I might try your solution and configure CH switches to the F2/F3.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi.

I have the js41 set up in payed FSUIPC with the CH throttle quad, and you can get full movement,today i had to re-calibrate due to a new set of CH throttles,here are the figures i use.

in Axis Assignment.

Tick the box send to FS

Axis throttle 1 set

delta in= -10662

delta out = -10662

on the rh side in the from to

from = -16384 to = - 15083 down box ticked

in the box below select  (throttle 1 decr)

tick repeat box

in next box select  (throttle 1 incr)

repeat all the above but for throttle 2

go to axis prop 1 set

delta in = -11442

delta out = -11442

on rh side from to

from = -16384 to = -15083 down box ticked

in next box select toggle fuel valve eng 1

tick box leave empty

in next box select toggle fuel valve eng 1

repeat all above but for axis prop 2 set 

goto joystick calibration page 3

set up throttle 1 and 2 as below

in = -10662                    set            set           set

out = 0                         -16384      -15083     16383

goto page 5

set prop pitch 1 and 2 as below

in = -11442                      set            set           set

out= 0                            -16384      -16384      16383

depending on the range you get during the axis  range setup,your figures may be different ,but the above will help you to gt them set up by useing this as a guide.

Regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.