Sign in to follow this  
lancealotg

Opencockpit USBkeys card

Maybe someone can help me.

I am using an opencockpits USBkeys card (a matrix of 88 key inputs - similar to a keyboard).

I am using this card to interface with the opencockpts cdu for use in the 737 NGX in FSX.

The card shows up as a HID device in windows7 and FSUIPC sees all the key inputs but LINDA does not recognize the device under joysticks.

As a result, I currently have to assign the usbkey card an unused key command (ex. CTRL-SHIFT-q) then have FSUIPC translate that command to perform a function (such as press A on the left pilot cdu).

If LINDA saw the card, I could simply press a key and program LINDA to perform the function directly.

Is there a way to have LINDA recognize this USBKeys card as a HID device (similar to a joystick)?

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

thanks

Maybe someone can help me.

I am using an opencockpits USBkeys card (a matrix of 88 key inputs - similar to a keyboard).

I am using this card to interface with the opencockpts cdu for use in the 737 NGX in FSX.

The card shows up as a HID device in windows7 and FSUIPC sees all the key inputs but LINDA does not recognize the device under joysticks.

As a result, I currently have to assign the usbkey card an unused key command (ex. CTRL-SHIFT-q) then have FSUIPC translate that command to perform a function (such as press A on the left pilot cdu).

If LINDA saw the card, I could simply press a key and program LINDA to perform the function directly.

Is there a way to have LINDA recognize this USBKeys card as a HID device (similar to a joystick)?

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

thanks

What are the VID and PID for the card (use Win7 Device Manager)?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Under devices and Printers, it is listed under unspecified, IOCardS-Keys

Hardware details is the following.

USB\VID_0000&PID_0002&REV_0000

USB\VID_0000&PID_0002

I am using linda ver 1.1.3

The newer linda versions does not work correctly for me.

Not sure if that information will help but thanks for your time.

The additional information you sent and some research makes me believe that the USBkeys card is not suitable to work with LINDA. The card is designed to act as a replacement keyboard while LINDA is designed to work with devices that present themselves as joysticks with buttons not keys.

You need to identify an interface card that reproduces joystick inputs to be able to use LINDA and its programming capability. These are unlikely to offer the number of inputs/keys as your keyboard card.

I am no longer supporting LINDA 1.13. The current version is 2.6.7.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew