Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Want about 8 to 10 more FPS on your flight...when airborne?....well...

...as soon as you are out of view of A.I. traffic at the airport, outbound, or just before you enter your final to the destination airport...

I suggest that you take a moment to pause the sim...and turn off ALL A.I. aircraft.  It's not truly important that you see a flight zig across the sky...and all the others that you don't still be managed by the sim and in memory...

At about 20 miles inbound to the numbers...pause and turn back on your Commercial and/or GA to around 35 percent..and carry on down to the numbers...

...so if you turn off the traffic...both GA and Commercial, you should garner an immediate boost to your flight and vicinity of your flight by around 8-10 FPS. That is an actual fact on my system specs.  So, give it go...and I'm sure this will become your own 'M.O.'.

Happy New Year, all...and a happy boost to your FPS stable... :)

tip1.png

Mitch I thought you were already getting >100fps with every slider maxed!!

:wink:

Happy New Year my friend and keep smiling :-)

:drinks:

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I suppose that's one way of doing it but typically en-route is when I am getting my best FPS anyway so turning it off then seems like an odd strategy...at least for me.

RE Thomason Jr.

I don't get it, it is important to have good fps on takeoffs and landings with AI, so I thought you will suggest disabling AI to spare fps. Also I pretty like seeing contrails and lots of traffic when cruising. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I  have a key command set up through fsuipc to do this, that way you dont have to pause or exit the sim. One push turns it off, the next push turns it on. I like AI on the ground but thats about it.

Have y'all tried AirTrafficManager?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

I like to see AI on the airport terminals..lots of em..rather than see them on the sky... Using this tool I can leave the AI traffic on the airport as is, and remove the number of aircrafts in the air.. I have set it to max 26 aircrafts and this process constantly kills any aircrafts within certain radius that exceeds this number...

You don;t have to manually keep turning off AI..this would control it for you... I love this FREEWARE tool

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Mitch I thought you were already getting >100fps with every slider maxed!!

:wink:

Happy New Year my friend and keep smiling :-)

:drinks:

I get average into the 70-80's...with peaks into and over 100 FPS as you say...and have posted way too many screen grabs of such output displayed, lol...but I always like to pass on tips...and this is a good one. Whatever you have..it will add 7-10 FPS at least...if a good system...why have A.I. running when you are airborne? A.T.C. is still functioning at normal interaction with a user's flight.  That's what's important, unless listening to tons of A.I. instruction calls also is...while enroute.

What I have noticed though with the last three nVidia driver suites, is that they can cause the black screen...with a loss of the session, if you are running in unlimited FPS mode.  I have been experimenting as you can see in this shot, and the last few posted to the Screenshot Forum...to have  only 33 FPS as set...and as you can see, even in South Cal...in the San Diego area...that can pound your system..I can stay at 32.9 for the most part.  What I have found though...that if you limit your FPS to 33 FPS, the black screen and end-of-session, is no more.  Something is over driving all G.C.'s with the latest few sets of drivers..(I have noted that the current WHQL P-state is broken, and will not throttle back your G.C. in low demand scenarios....which is not good at all.  Try it for yourself...check out the P(0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8) state while on the Desk Top...mostly likely it will be showing P0, and your highest Mhz settings for GPU and Memory.  I went back to the 337.88's, and I now throttle down to P8 upon the Desktop and low demand scenarios. I believe that the latest rash of posts about GTX980Ti's...blanking out to the black screen and only sound in the background, can be perhaps because of the card overheating and shutting down output.  Just a guess...

Happy New Year, David! :)  May good fortune in 2016, be your flashlight, that lights the path... !!!

Have y'all tried AirTrafficManager?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

I like to see AI on the airport terminals..lots of em..rather than see them on the sky... Using this tool I can leave the AI traffic on the airport as is, and remove the number of aircrafts in the air.. I have set it to max 26 aircrafts and this process constantly kills any aircrafts within certain radius that exceeds this number...

You don;t have to manually keep turning off AI..this would control it for you... I love this FREEWARE tool

Yes...but you just added another layer of CPU management...and really...it takes three seconds to kick up, or kick down the slider....

I  have a key command set up through fsuipc to do this, that way you dont have to pause or exit the sim. One push turns it off, the next push turns it on. I like AI on the ground but thats about it.

Same as myself....and a great idea...why don't you show step-by-step how to achieve this.  

I suppose that's one way of doing it but typically en-route is when I am getting my best FPS anyway so turning it off then seems like an odd strategy...at least for me.

If you are flying G.A. and at or below 3,500..this can make all the difference...especially with the likes of FPS intense Orbx South Cal and Friday Harbor as examples AND...you demand full fidelity scenery output (max sliders)....  Also, it lowers your VAS as all the flight management is not loaded into the total memory.  Only use Commercial and G.A. A.I.for on ground, and on pre-approach-to-landing.....and you will excel.

"I have a key command set up through fsuipc to do this, that way you dont have to pause or exit the sim. One push turns it off, the next push turns it on. I like AI on the ground but thats about it.

Same as myself....and a great idea...why don't you show step-by-step how to achieve "

YES PLEASE SOMEONE I FOR ONE WOULD USE THAT (P3D V3)

Cheers Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I don't get it, it is important to have good fps on takeoffs and landings with AI, so I thought you will suggest disabling AI to spare fps. Also I pretty like seeing contrails and lots of traffic when cruising. :)

It has been my opinion, that even if you only get 17-23 FPS at an airport, you will still have good ground management, and rotation control.  I have been reading a lot of posts lately over a very bad hit to FPS and smoothness over the likes of Orbx South Cal, (G.A. altitudes at or below 5,000 AGL) and any other very intensive (Friday Harbor with 4096 textures enabled, etc) scenery purchases, ....and this suggestion, will give on average to most users, about a 27-33 percent FPS increase in airborne (over complex scenery at full fidelity settings, 5000, or below altitudes) operations.  It is not sitting at ,or operating upon the airport properties that has killed off FPS performance for those in those very complex scenery environs...nope...but once airborne over that fabulously detailed scenery.  To not have Orbx South Cal and Friday Harbor (and area covered) at anything less than all three scenery sliders at the full-right, Extreme settings..is..well...**CRIMINAL**!!!   :vava:  You are NOT getting what you paid Mr. Orbx for...and you should see every, very last drop of the graphic goodness within these gems!  :Big Grin:

"That's what you paid John V. for...".... 

Happy New Year, all...and the very best!  Have to shut down...do the shower....get dressed into New Year's Eve party duds, and help my gal take pot-luck dishes, and booze to the car...  "Should old acquaintance be forgot...in the days, of Olde Lang Syne?..."   :Party:

"I have a key command set up through fsuipc to do this, that way you dont have to pause or exit the sim. One push turns it off, the next push turns it on. I like AI on the ground but thats about it.

Same as myself....and a great idea...why don't you show step-by-step how to achieve "

YES PLEASE SOMEONE I FOR ONE WOULD USE THAT (P3D V3)

Cheers Dean

Im using fsx so im not sure if its the same but go into the fsuiipc menu and select buttons and switches, Check the box that says Select FS Control From there use a button or switch on your yoke or throttle. The key command you want to select is traffic density toggle

Im using fsx so im not sure if its the same but go into the fsuiipc menu and select buttons and switches, Check the box that says Select FS Control From there use a button or switch on your yoke or throttle. The key command you want to select is traffic density toggle

Thank you...and I will do that ASAP.   Now..that turns off totally A.I. with each toggle press?  That's what I am after...absolutely no A.I. operating. :)

Post Edit:  Dang...am I glad that I posted this O.P.!

I just engaged that button and WOW...is that ever slick...THANK YOU!!!!

It does work as well for P3D as for your FSX.  You just need a registered copy of FSUIPC.

I tested in Las Vegas...put the Commercial slider to 35 percent, and populated KLAS. I then sat at a gate and pressed my assigned button on my joy-stick...and WHAM...all the A.I. disappeared!  

I then pressed a second time, and they reappeared, (at the 35 percent level) in like two seconds!

Just a head's up to the reader. You need to first set your slider(s) to what percentage you want...and then the toggle will activate or deactivate that slider percentage as you request. So first...set your A.I. slider, and then go to your registered FSUIPC, to set up the button as given in the above instructions.

I never knew this approach...so again...thank you Mr. Speaker for posting to my thread...and most others that also take this advice, will thank this button assignment tip as well.

Mitch

NEVER!  I refuse!   I love seeing the contrails of a dozen other craft on their way to their own destinations as I zoom about!    The beauty of programs like Ultimate Traffic 2, you don't have to shut anything off.   Just tell it what you want it to do in whatever scenario you are in.    I don't need 8-10 more FPS when I am already at 40k.  I need it when I am at the airport itself!   Sadly...   not happening with the current software tech being used.  Need more GPU usage, less CPU!  I want all my cake, cookies and ice cream and want to eat all of it!  Why!?  Why... T_T   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

NEVER!  I refuse!   I love seeing the contrails of a dozen other craft on their way to their own destinations as I zoom about!    The beauty of programs like Ultimate Traffic 2, you don't have to shut anything off.   Just tell it what you want it to do in whatever scenario you are in.    I don't need 8-10 more FPS when I am already at 40k.  I need it when I am at the airport itself!   Sadly...   not happening with the current software tech being used.  Need more GPU usage, less CPU!  I want all my cake, cookies and ice cream and want to eat all of it!  Why!?  Why... T_T   

Hi Kurag...at FL400, you don't see any land detail, so this tip is truly about G.A., and 5,000 feet or below, or a commercial coming into a landing at the same 5,000 feet or below, for that IS the time you get all auto-gen objects rendered...and with the sliders at full Extreme...this tip is a true helper to keep the FPS at the highest the system can render, with the sim settings the user chooses to operate with, at the higher or highest ranges.

:)

Ses

Another way would be to gain a few extra FPS when you need it is right when you are about to turn off your Ai, instead save the flight right then and there.  Call it "1" of "A".  Then load that flight.  It will reset everything, you don't lose  any of you AI but get back lost FPS and you are right where you left off.

Sadly, either measure causes your "immersion" to stop for a moment.  I wish they had a "reset" option that woul reset right where you are in the flight as opposed to taking you back to the beginning of the flight.  Again, since ORBX is the culprit, just turn down their sliders.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

FSUIPC's traffic zapper has become quite robust during the last few revisions to FSUIPC. But the AI Traffic manager is really the way to go. It's seamless and doesn't ruin the immersion.