Sign in to follow this  
PhilH

P3D V 3.1 CTD Kernelbase every flight

Jim, thanks for the Quantum leap suggestion.

I like my long 7+ hour flights but I leave them running when I am not at the computer.. returning to the PC and completing a long haul is my enjoyment. I am able to do so by using time compression when I'm not there. This is a great workaround for me, I mean I'm not even at the PC while using time compression, so who cares? I will continue using this method for now.

I have tried flying shorter flights with both the 777 and the Majestic Q400 and they both worked fine.

Please don't get this thread locked.. I would really like to continue adding information to it as I discover new things about the issue. It will be more useful to others this way. It's useless if I just list my problem and then the thread gets locked 3 pages later because of different opinions.

I will not be reinstalling Windows for now because 1)it is a very recent installation, 2)every single thing works 100% fine except 7+ hour flights in real-time with one specific aircraft, 3)people have re-installed Windows with the same issue as me and nothing changed.

I am perfectly happy with using time-compression to avoid a CTD with the 777 for now, as I never sit in front of the PC for 7 hours straight so I might as well accelerate time if I'm not even there.

I recommend reinstalling Windows and then P3D and then your addons.

Jim,  I would agree with you in most normal circumstances but Windows 10 was installed on Jan 5 2016 and P3D was installed on Jan 6 2016.   The system and simulation installation are just a little over 2 weeks old so I'm not sure it would be a corrupt system yet.  As stated windows 10 is base installation with no other programs even installed on it other than the simulation apps that are needed (ASN, EZDOK etc).

I have my workaround at the moment and with a 4k monitor the PFD shows much clearer than my HD monitor.   Like Phillipe stated I fly in real time long flights so we are more susceptible to this crash than short haul flights.

I will monitor the boards for possible solutions or causes.  Be safe and stay warm this week.   

Sean Green

Not sure if this has been resolved in another thread... but i am having the exact same issues, p3d v3.3, pmdg 777-200 and 777-300.  

Addons:

AS2016

ASCA

FSC 9

PFPX

FTXG

FTXGV

FTXNA LC

FTXEurope LC

FTX Trees

FSDT KDFW

FSUIPC

plenty of vas left... no issue there.  

perhaps somebody would be willing to test something ive noticed to see if it is reproducible:

• seems to usually happen after an FSUIPC autosave or immediately after the autosave when the system time sync (also using fsuipc) kicks in to correct for the slight pause from during the autosave.  I used to have it do autosave every 10 min in flight and my ctds would usually happen after about 3 hours.  I changed the interval to 30 minutes and now the crashes happen somewhere between 6-9 hours.
  • Im wondering if it might be related quantitatively to autosave or time synchronization?

Look fwd to hearing your thoughts / observations.

David Mathews

Mini update:

I haven't tried a long-haul realtime flight in ages, but if I use the PMDG's built in "auto-cruise" time compression, my sim does not crash. It's like P3D couldn't bare staying open and running for 7hrs, but if the sim is auto paused at TOD (thus only "running" for 2 hours, being paused for 5hrs until I return to it), it works. I would have to try a real time long flight to see if I still have the issue.. Just an idea for those at loss!

Phil