Sign in to follow this  
steeley

Alert Sounds

I am not getting any sound from both the pusher and fire alert buttons when pressed. The wav files are in the sound folder and when open are ok. Can anyone offer me advice on how to fix.the problem please? I've only recently downloaded the aircraft from Just Flight so I did a re-install but with same result. Thanks

Those pushbuttons are inop in my copy also.

I can only assume that Carenado did not actually model them.

Bert

I am not getting any sound from both the pusher and fire alert buttons when pressed. The wav files are in the sound folder and when open are ok. Can anyone offer me advice on how to fix.the problem please? I've only recently downloaded the aircraft from Just Flight so I did a re-install but with same result. Thanks

I'm running the PC12 in the FSX-boxed version. If we are talking about the pusher and fire alert "test" buttons in the overhead panel, I get sounds and animations from both buttons.

I have the 1.8 mod for the PC12 installed. Other than that, I'm running FSX with all the service packs

Thanks for comments. I'm confused! Nearly everything I've read about the sound issues, and there are quite a few around,  suggests that some folks are hearing these test alert  sounds and some are not. Others say the sounds are too loud. The engine sounds have also come in for some attention too. Mine was a download from Just Flight only last week. I'm not sure where service packs kick in. Carenado use what I call selling agents too don't they? Just Flight also model aircraft and I always wonder whether the modelling is theirs or the downloads are Carenado originals. If they are originals will they contain the latest updates? In other words do companies like Just flight and flight one gain access to updates and service packs from the original modeller?   If on the other hand 'Carenado' has issued a service pack and that has not been distributed to alternative selling agents,  how in these circumstances does the user access it?  Apologies for labouring this but it's something that's bugged me for a long time with downloaded aircraft from different sellers and which are still under the same header banner as the original maker, if that makes any sense?

I did download mine directly from Carenado. They did offer a service pack at some time previously and the the link is available for me to download but it also has a note that it is unnecessary if I downloaded the aircraft after a certain date (Oct 2, 2014), which I did. I assume that means I have the most up to date version that Carenado offers. I then updated the aircraft with the 1.8 version patch I found on the forum.

Just brings me back to my point about downloaded aircraft. I downloaded the 'Carenado' PC 12 well after Oct 14, but NOT from Carenado! I assume and it is an assumption, that my download included the service pack. Otherwise I'm stumped cos Carenado will not recognise my purchase. This makes life difficult because Bert suggests that his autopilot and transponder mods will only work IF users have Carenado's service pack 1 installed.

No, I did not mean to suggest that.. they should hopefully work either way..

It is indeed hard to keep track of these service Packs.. :fool:

Bert