Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

New York Airports X - Just Getting Started with X-Plane

Hello - I have been using FSX for years and finally decided to take the plunge and pick up X-Plane 10 during the Steam sale. I just noticed that the Drzewiecki Design X-Plane addons are on sale for 5 more hours at SimMarket. I was thinking of picking up New York Airports X and maybe New York City X for X-Plane.  I have a couple of fairly good computers than run FSX very well for just about anything, even with PMDG, etc and tons of addon scenery. However, I also have the DD New York Addons above installed in FSX and they run terrible, I mean generally under 10 fps. Should I expect the performance of the X-plane version to be better? Since I am at the 11th hour here (my fault of course) I am looking for some quick advice. Thanks in advance for your thoughts, and my apologies in advance for my ignorance.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I used to have FSX,I still have P3DV2 on my PC and of course X Plane 10 which I use and Love.

I think overall XPlane 64 bit  performance is better.DD NYC Scenery is incredible!! get it now at a great price,If you're not happy with performance you can turn down some settings or upgrade your GPU later on.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I had New York for FSX as well and it OOMed on me before I even left JFK but

I have the New York for X-plane and it hasn"t given me any trouble at all.

As a matter of fact my frames are better with the addon than they were with

the stock scenery.

I have just installed New York Airports X into XPX and are seeing no significant fps impact. The scenery looks good (I also have this author's New York X, which is also good).

My only issue as that the sim always starts at r/w 22 at KLGA, and I can't change to any other r/w in the Local Ma- regardless of which r/w I choose it's al;ways 22, or 3NM or 10NM from 22 regardless of what I choose... An unexpected issue....

Bruce.

Thanks I did pick up both NYC packs and frame rates are great. One thing I am not sure about is that there is major flickering (everywhere not just at NYC). Not sure how to rectify this, any ideas would be great.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks I did pick up both NYC packs and frame rates are great. One thing I am not sure about is that there is major flickering (everywhere not just at NYC). Not sure how to rectify this, any ideas would be great.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete,

I don't have any flickering at all in the amazing DD NYC & DD NY Airports, but you could check your Inspector settings. See this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/425388-nvidia-inspector-settings/

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks Jose I will have a look.

Cheers, Pete

No more shimmering! Thanks for your help Jose!