Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Network AirHauler in P3dv3.1 Works but AH traffic is Static

Hi

Just trying out Airhauler, put it on network as it was too much cpu hug.

Everything works except AH Traffic and its stock market, don't use stock market.

I have widefs and sim connect working fine for ASN,FSC, OPUS, FSRealtime

AH windows popup in sim as expected and all that is ok.

Tried to let AH launch p3d by running on same server pc,

But not surprised Migration tool was popping up complaining  when AH tries to launch P3d, subsequently the p3d launch fails, AH connection window remains open with no green for connection to p3d. Which is expected since p3d off by this time.

Hoping I can get to see dynamic AH traffic, so I can install my AiRound for Traffic viewing pleasure.

I need tips gents, AH2 not till late spring, and am fast running out oh holiday.

Go on tell me why my AH traffic is static.

Bump , would like to know if anybody using AirHauler has Dynamic AH Traffic in any version of p3d.

cheers

Thinking out loud; P3D uses a different method than FSX to "point" to aircraft folders. FSX uses entries in the fsx.cfg, but P3D uses entries in the simobjects.cfg. I've not checked this out with respect to AH, but maybe AH cannot find the aircraft folders?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

@Steve

1.thanks for input Steve, AirHauler does ask user for ac folder when you import to AirHualer

2. The AH Traffic does actually show up, but is static, disappears when its not supposed to be around, often after something refreshes traffic example weather engine

3. According to the developer on justflight forum, their code prepares a flight plan and hands the plan over to fsx/p3d to run, so he says If you see AH show up wihout moving, AH is working fine.

4. The ai failure here is like a state machine that is always started, but never transitions to subsequent states. They show up they dissaper , no taxi, no takeoff  , no landing.

Baiscally anytime you see the AH traffic in TrafficToolbox its asleep.

5. I am currently messing with my simconnect settings, and do suspect maybe, not sure, it could be Simconnect related, by some wild luck am hoping.

6. I have also turned off my MT6  traffic to free up packing spots, but AH traffic stills appears and disappears. No taxi,takeoff, landing, or airbone at any time. Between Fscommander and TrafficToolbox I know the AH traffic is never Airborne in the sim

Cheers

If they send an actual flightplan via SimConnect then this is a pointer to a flightplan file that really exists. (The SimConnect procedure "SimConnect_AISetAircraftFlightPlan" to do this takes only a filename as parameter.) Not so if they just send a list of waypoints, this can be done internally - but it won't show up in TrafficToolbox as a valid flightplan, the state of the AI will be "unknown".

So, try to clarify what they actually do. If they "prepare a flightplan" and send its name to the sim, then there is a file somewhere, that the sim just can't read. That is why the AI shows up (this is done with "SimConnect_AICreateParkedATCAircraft") but it doesn't depart, because "SimConnect_AISetAircraftFlightPlan" fails. This can have any number of reasons, from a general incompatibility in the new P3D logic to just a files and folder problem (including but not limited to access rights). AH will probably delete the file again, so you must be quick...

LORBY-SI

Thank you very much for the pro input there, very enlightening, and sounds exactly like what I see in the sim.  :im Not Worthy:

Will contact Slopey the developer on justFlight  forums about this immediately.

Gona do a cut and paste of your post to slopey, see what he has to say.

They got AH2 coming about spring 2016, sounds like a 1000 years away

Get back asap

cheers

thanks again gents

I have made a post on justflight forum with the questions here.

Also I observed that AH AI shows up in traffictoolbox with iony Tail Number (AHxx) and AC registration, everything else regards the AH ai in traffictoolbox is invalid data. Which might suggest maybe flight plan not used by justflight, instead series of waypoints.

Or else maybe they use a flightplan and that process not working as it should.

Get back when anymore info from justflight

Appreciate any help before then also. Am n pro with simconnect just copy paste edit a few variables I can do veery well

cheers.

@nuiKati

Thinking again , State of the ai is shown in traffictoolbox, and its always in "Sleep" otherwise its appear disappear.

Which might suggest they use a flight plan.

If I can get the required simconnect code to cut paste somewhere so that this pointer can allow me to view their flight plan that would help, cause atleast then we know what the problem is.

Many AiHualer users even in fsx have this issue.

Its a great program for traffic junkies like me

just noticed under AirHauler folder, their is a sub folder called "AIPlan" which is empty, not sure maybe this suggests AH not creating any flightplans for AI

I use AH with P3D V3.1, but on the same machine and don't have any problems with AI traffic.

This is a real long shot, but I've read a few times of running AH as an administrator as a fix for many issues.  I guess if you're using in a network environment you may need to make the user it's running under on it's machine an admin on the flightsim machine?  Maybe it tries to right to a folder and it can't?

Could be talking and sitting on the same orifice mind....

Graham Smart

The "list of waypoints" method cannot really be used for parked aircraft under ATC control that depart to another airport. It is just a way to run objects along predefined paths, these "waypoints" are simple lat/lon locations. You use this for example for ground traffic. It is not really fit for aircraft, they do not taxi out and take off on their own (you would have to put this whole procedure in the waypoint list too) and they are completely unaware of ATC and other aircraft.

But if it is a flightplan file, then you have to make sure that the simulator can see and load it. If you are on a networked setup, then AH would have to write this into a folder on your main computer (giving the sim access to the remote computer seems too clunky to me, AH would have to know about the drive letter used to build the full path to the fp file). If that is the case, the remote setup procedure should require you to map networked access to a folder, ideally to the default flightplan folder in "Documents". When on the same machine, then you have to make sure that access to the flightplan file isn't blocked by UAC/ AntiVirus etc.

But who knows, maybe they found another (undocumented) way to pass along an XML flightplan, which is so exotic that it is really hit-or-miss if it works or not. Maybe via the WideFS/FSUIPC API, wouldn't know about that one.

LORBY-SI

Ok after spending ages fruitlessly trying to paste AH flight plan text and flightplan error popup, I gave up, still cant use this new avsim editor to paste anything. Does not work on any of my pc.

Any despite handicap of unusable editor, I have made very interesting discovery .

For first time I tried to use AH flight planner, it sets up simple flightplan a to b.

But p3d rejected the AH flightplan for my flight

I got message box "The scenario you trying to load is missing associated flight plan"

Looked in p3d files folder and there it was, all the AH ai flightplans  in same folder as p3d plans.

So I observed that p3d only sees xml flightplans and AH plans are  text

So it appears the AI have not been moving cause p3d rejecting AH fightplans

@VFR Hawk

I was about to give up till you mentioned you have it working in p3dv3.1 with dynamic traffic

Could you please please fill me in regards if p3d can load your AH plans no issues

Am not even sure if p3d sees other flightplan types besides xml, but when I load p3d to open flightplan from inside p3d it only exposes xml flight plans.

So I am very much intrigued how this is working for VFRHawk, help much appreciated

The summary of the problem here is

p3dv3.1 is known working with AirHauler

My  problem is flight plans created by AH which are text  is not recognised by p3d which only sees xml flight plans.

I don't use AH planner for my flights but the AH AI plans are also rejected by p3d, so this is to resolve auto created ai plans only.

AH generates ai flight plans automatically I cant intervene in that process.

But since its working for other regards dynamic AH traffic, I suppose there may be a way to set AH flight plan type or maybe something in p3d that allows it to accept ah plans

cheers

Hey,

Yes, the step I used to take with my own flightplans is to have Plan-G open, open the AH flightplan file in Plan-G, then Export it straight back over the top of the AH.pln file as an FSX flightplan.  I've no idea how you would do that with the AI plans - in fact, now I'm thinking about it, I thought the only AI flights that AH added were if you asked it to inject your fleet into the sim?  I thought all the other AI trafic came from the sim itself?  Does the AI traffic work if you aren't running AH?

These days I do all my flight planning in Pro ATC/X, so I don't use AH flight plans at all, and I manually launch the sim, setup the load and fuel etc.  Works betetr that way with the PMDG 737 that I normally use.

Graham

Thanks for the update VFRH.

I use other planners other than AH as well.

The only problem here is fact that ah flight plans are rejected by p3d.

as a result ah traffic does not work.

It creates flightplans for ai when you give them jobs, the plans are stored in p3d files folder with .pln.

But those plans cant be loaded in p3d, so ah traffic not working.

for my flight I got, pfpx, fscommander, planG, ProATC spoilt for choice.

But for ah ai traffic plans, not sure if anybody ever got them to work in p3d

VFRHawk please help me test if you can load AH plans when inside p3d.

For me you cant even see them listed, cause seems p3d don't like format of ah plans.

thanks