Sign in to follow this  
Brian Riggs

P3D 3.1 DSR/HDR/Reshade

Great shots! Looking at the one you took above the mountains, are you using FreeMesh or something? I just use the default mesh in P3D v3 and it doesn't look as detailed as that!

Phil,

Thanks. I have freemesh with Megascenery earth 2.0. The detail is probably due to the photoreal scenery.

Who makes that F15?!

Angelo,

The F-15E is from IRIS and I also have the Metal2Mesh F-15E avionics upgrade installed. The F-15 is my favorite fighter jet, that's me in the profile pic after my F-15D incentive flight years ago!

Nice shots and thanks for sharing the settings. I never tried reshade before. So I applied it to P3D and punched in your settings. The colours seem to have much more definition now and also these settings give you a more realistic night time effect (darker). I'm really liking the settings now. I always found the HDR in P3D a little washed out even with saturation at full. The combination of both now looks fantastic.

I'd be interested to see your HDR settings for P3D too. I also use 4x DSR to kick it up to 4k with 2xMSA and it looks great.

Thanks Joe, glad you are seeing results too. I've also selected deband and all the banding in the horizon is now gone, you should try it if you're noticing banding in the horizon during dawn/dusk. I wish I could use 4x DSR but my GTX780ti is just not enough when flying through heavy clouds.

Here's my HDR settings, these are my personal liking. You' will see that I don't like too much brightness on the screen.

Brightness = .85

Bloom = .25

Saturation = .80

I also have dynamic reflections set on high.

Hi

I downloaded both files but I don't know what to do next

When I run mediator it says framework mediator is missing required files ....

I get the popup in p3d but mediator does not run

please help

Mulgrave, I've only downloaded reshade framework v1.107. Extract that folder anywhere you want then run the mediator.exe in the reshade folder. You should then follow the onscreen instructions to get it set up. Good Luck.
  • Upvote 1

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Hi, Brian,

These are some great shots! You are really getting some outstanding results.

Love the F-15!

Jim

Thanks Jim...I think I spend more time playing around with settings than flying most days...

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Thanks Jim...I think I spend more time playing around with settings than flying most days...

Same here!  I get something working and love the overall set up, and start all over again.

P3D V3.1 really does bring out the instrument panels exceedingly well.

2015-2-12_15-32-19-366.md.jpg

Thought that was you in the cockpit!

How long after landing from your F-15 incentive flight did you start to get back to normal? What a kick in the pants that must have been!!!

Thanks for the settings Brian, I'll give them a shot. Yeah I'm running a 970GTX and can just about get away with 4x DSR with pretty high settings. While monitoring my video card it goes from something like 40-50% usage up to about 90% when 4x DSR enabled. Unfortunately the standard AA is just too hard on my eyes so I have to take the performance hit. I Find its better on performance than using Nvidia inspector though

Same here!  I get something working and love the overall set up, and start all over again.

P3D V3.1 really does bring out the instrument panels exceedingly well.

2015-2-12_15-32-19-366.md.jpg

Thought that was you in the cockpit!

How long after landing from your F-15 incentive flight did you start to get back to normal? What a kick in the pants that must have been!!!

Haha, close...I used to be a maintenance officer in the 336th FS at Seymour Johnson (SJ) (Flying Rocketeers).

It took the rest of the day to recuperate, luckily I was in good shape and I had been flying little cessnas around so I had some air legs. My son was born four days before that flight, my wife took that photo after we landed! 

Takeoff was unrestricted climb to 15,000ft.  4g's right after wheels up, then straight vertical for a few seconds and a rollout towards the MOA.   closest I will ever get to being in the space shuttle...ha.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Takeoff was unrestricted climb to 15,000ft. 4g's right after wheels up, then straight vertical for a few seconds and a rollout towards the MOA. closest I will ever get to being in the space shuttle...ha.

My son was an F-15 Avionics Tech at SJ, by way of Luke and Wichita Falls. Something I am very proud of. It only stands to reason having an F-15 with "SJ" on the tail.

Proud of those currently serving and who have served our Country!

The closest thing to a fighter strapped to my backside is the Lear 60. Deadhead to KDAL for maintenance, light in weight, very cool outside. Asked ATC for an unrestricted climb if able. 3,000' to 15,000 in a little less than 1 1/2 minutes. ATC called and asked our rate of climb since his scope was showing all "XXXXs" for rate. Our VSIs maxed at 6,000 FPM. Best climb rate I have ever done!

But ...... I'll be sure to empty the "Blue" water the next time! Just on the outside of the plane thankfully. The external service port valve seal leaked a little. OKAY, it leaked a lot! Hence, the "Chief Lav Cleaner".

So, I can only imagine your experience. What a thrill that would be! Nothing like pulling a few g's and climbing 20,000 FPM or more to get the blood flowing! Those guys have to LOVE giving rides!!! What is truly wonderful is that they take the opportunity to give folks a chance to see what a real flight in the F-15 is like. That is a great thing to do!

Metal2Mesh F-15E avionics upgrade

I can't find the F15 on Iris's site. Is it still for sale and P3D capable? Obviously its on your system but I didn't see it on their site. 

I do not think you can purchase the Iris F-15 anymore or the Metal 2 Mesh avionics upgrade.  I have been trying to purchase the Metal 2 Mesh upgrade, but it is unavailable as far as I know.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

My son was an F-15 Avionics Tech at SJ, by way of Luke and Wichita Falls. Something I am very proud of. It only stands to reason having an F-15 with "SJ" on the tail.

Proud of those currently serving and who have served our Country!

The closest thing to a fighter strapped to my backside is the Lear 60. Deadhead to KDAL for maintenance, light in weight, very cool outside. Asked ATC for an unrestricted climb if able. 3,000' to 15,000 in a little less than 1 1/2 minutes. ATC called and asked our rate of climb since his scope was showing all "XXXXs" for rate. Our VSIs maxed at 6,000 FPM. Best climb rate I have ever done!

But ...... I'll be sure to empty the "Blue" water the next time! Just on the outside of the plane thankfully. The external service port valve seal leaked a little. OKAY, it leaked a lot! Hence, the "Chief Lav Cleaner".

So, I can only imagine your experience. What a thrill that would be! Nothing like pulling a few g's and climbing 20,000 FPM or more to get the blood flowing! Those guys have to LOVE giving rides!!! What is truly wonderful is that they take the opportunity to give folks a chance to see what a real flight in the F-15 is like. That is a great thing to do!

HA!  Hope nobody was on the receiving end of that blue water on the ground!

Here's a few more shots I took just to show the canopy reflecting the different colors of the horizon...

F-15E-6_zpsjkvzyzou.png

F-15E-5_zpsr7fhnyg1.png

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

HA! Hope nobody was on the receiving end of that blue water on the ground!

Here's a few more shots I took just to show the canopy reflecting the different colors of the horizon...

Brian, these are outstanding. I really like how the reflections show on the canopy. It's about time to see some realism!

I can't find the F15 on Iris's site. Is it still for sale and P3D capable? Obviously its on your system but I didn't see it on their site. 

I do not think you can purchase the Iris F-15 anymore or the Metal 2 Mesh avionics upgrade.  I have been trying to purchase the Metal 2 Mesh upgrade, but it is unavailable as far as I know.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=19461

Do you know where to get the Metal 2 Mesh Upgrade?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Sweet will it work with P3D? Or Estonia Migration which I do have?

Hi, Angelo,

I know that it worked in P3D V2.4 and V2.5 before I removed P3D. Just using FSX DX10 for now. But, I don't know about the Estonia Migration tool. I was able to directly install it into P3D.

Do you know where to get the Metal 2 Mesh Upgrade?

Hi, pugilist2,

http://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2&zenid=872hu6v1vecjngosl645cusfp6

The only problem is it appears they have stopped selling the panel upgrade. I have the upgrade, but, I am using the original panel that came with the Mudhen. It works exceedingly well for what I need.

Really nice!!

I still find P3D is too "dark" when compared to real life. The sky colours, even with REX etc, still doesn't look right, especially when looking into the distance. 

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png