Sign in to follow this  
Robert Howe

Someone stole my N1 fans

This happened to me last week with the ngx. But only on one particular repaint. I installed it again with the ops Centre and it corrected itself.

Been trying things for the past couple of hours including removing & reinstalling liveries, also the 300 expansion pack itself. As far as I can see the issue is caused by switching from a default 744 to the 777-300. I'd been loading a default plane first because FSInn sometimes crashes FSX if loaded while the T7 is running.

In FSX you shouldn't load a complex addon like the 777 as default. Always use an FSX default aircraft in the default flight then load the 777 in the free flight screen.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Been trying things for the past couple of hours including removing & reinstalling liveries, also the 300 expansion pack itself. As far as I can see the issue is caused by switching from a default 744 to the 777-300. I'd been loading a default plane first because FSInn sometimes crashes FSX if loaded while the T7 is running.

Have a look at the "FSX'isms to avoid" in the Introduction Manual. That should give you a good run down on what to, and what not to do.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, Robert,

If you can only avoid a crash (due to FSINN) by loading a default aircraft first, try starting with the default trike instead of the 747.  Sometimes when I reload a saved PMDG 777 flight my FSX crashes -- I get around it by loading the default Trike/Friday Harbour flight and then loading the 777 flight I want.

Also, to reiterate what Kevin said, never set the 777 or any other complex aircraft as the default/startup flight.  Stick with the Trike/Friday Harbour as startup.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I also have this problem, but only when I first fly with another aircraft. When you load this plane when you've already started flying, this error occurs.

When you start FSX and first load the 777 before you press "fly now!", the plane will be loaded correctly!

This is maybe contradicting with the other posts, but this is the solution for me.

Switching to the 777 from another complex aircraft may cause all sorts of problems. Loading the

777 from the opening screen (which should first display the Trike)is the correct way to proceed.

This is all covered in the Introductory Manual.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

It does not have to be the Trike. Any default FSX plane will work. Nor does it have to be Friday Harbor. In fact far better if it is not. That default flight starts in the air and using Friday Harbor messes up your FSX clock unless you live in that time zone.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

It does not have to be the Trike. Any default FSX plane will work. Nor does it have to be Friday Harbor. In fact far better if it is not. That default flight starts in the air and using Friday Harbor messes up your FSX clock unless you live in that time zone.

I'm not so sure any default aircraft will work -- the OP seems to be having problems resulting

from loading the default 747 and then switching to the PMDG 777. The Cessna 172 should work OK,but without experimenting

I wouldn't recommend others.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I used to have the "no fans" problem as well in the preview window.

No idea what had caused it......all was fine with the 777, and then all of a sudden, one day things got bugged....see through engines :-(

It came with slower FSX performance as well, like the flight would freeze, and FSX would crash.

I tried everything but could not fix things.

An PMDG777 uninstall/reinstall did not help me either.

But with the new 777 update available since yesterday, you might as well try if that helps things!

In my case, back then, only once I overwrote my Win7/FSX install with a backup image did this problem go away.

If you dont have a backup image then........ :-(

I hope you find the cause and are able to fix things without a reinstall of FSX.

Rob Robson

I'm not so sure any default aircraft will work -- the OP seems to be having problems resulting

from loading the default 747 and then switching to the PMDG 777. The Cessna 172 should work OK,but without experimenting

I wouldn't recommend others.

Mike

I use the Cessna myself but AFAIK any FSX default aircraft will load the required states. According to post #3 the problem began when the OP stopped using the default 744 as the default flight, it wasn't caused by the 744 being the default flight.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have never in my life changed the default flight.

Allways left the Trike as default.

And still I had the see through engine problem, freezes and FSX crashes out of the blue after a year of no problems.

So I dont think it is related to the default airplane being the Trike, or Cessna or whatever either.

Something has corrupted something though.

And since a fresh uninstall/install of the PMDG777 did not help me nor the OP, it is either:

- a PMDG setting that is not changed by uninstall/reinstall of the 777 (just like product key and 777 settings that remain the same after an upgrade of the product.)

Maybe the problem lies within the PMDG Ops Center.

Post#2 fixed things through the Ops Center

He could try updating it....doesnt hurt does it?!

Believe it or not, I have seen performance improvement after an Ops Center update in the past.

- or it is a problem inside FSX...going to be hard to find.

- or even worse, a problem inside windows.

If the only problem that the OP has is the see through engines, but otherwise everything is fine then I would probably disregard it.

Rob Robson

I had a similar no fans issue in the NGX a while ago but that was due to a hard disk corruption. I ended up having to repair Windows (effectively a reinstallation but without affecting the registry). The OP's problem appears to stem from a change to the default flight. I would try changing it back to see if it fixed the issue.

ki9cAAb.jpg