Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

Aerosoft Nice into P3Dv3.1

I still have it installed in FSX and just linked the folder into the P3D V3.1 scenery library. Looks fine to me.

LORBY-SI

"I still have it installed in FSX and just linked the folder into the P3D V3.1 scenery library. "

This is intriguing, because I've no plan to abandon FSX (can't give up the MD11) but wasn't aware I could simply link to an existing install in FSX, rather than installing again in P3D (will be upgrading to 3.1 soon; fresh install).  Can you point me toward info on how to do this?  

Hans Soule

My bad, you said Nice and I am thinking LMT Simulation Cannes, which is for P3D and very nice.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

"I still have it installed in FSX and just linked the folder into the P3D V3.1 scenery library. "

This is intriguing, because I've no plan to abandon FSX (can't give up the MD11) but wasn't aware I could simply link to an existing install in FSX, rather than installing again in P3D (will be upgrading to 3.1 soon; fresh install).  Can you point me toward info on how to do this?  

Pretty simply. Just open the Scenery Library and press "Add area"... same as you do with all of them. For Aerosoft sceneries it is often required that they are properly installed and maybe even activated via the Aerosoft Launcher, that is why I keep FSX on this system. If necessary some Effects may have to be moved over (or use an external Effects folder for those, thankfully P3D V3 allows for this).

All this "installing into the sim" is actually only moving files to their proper locations and maybe adding something to the config files (scenery.cfg, dll.xml etc.). Nothing sinister to it. The platform was built in such a way that, as long as all files are in their proper places in the folder, it will try to read the bgl's and display them (same for aircraft). This either works or it doesn't, and if it doesn't, then the addon you want to display is simply not compatible, and no amount of "migration tool" will change that. This is a little more complicated with actual code, like external exe's, dll's or gauges. If these depend on functions that now work differently or are no longer there, that is pretty much it (see FSUIPC, ASN, ...).

Btw. I can't see a problem with the ground poly - how does that manifest itself?

LORBY-SI