Sign in to follow this  
Lofty01

NGX Reboot panel view problem

hi

running fsx se across 3 monitor with amd eyefinity mode enabled. Fresh install never had this problem before but here goes installed ngx reboot and fs2crew 777 , configured main program key yo "c" and secondary to "x" once fsx se loaded with pmdg aircraft from the drop down view instrument menu I have fs3crew main panel ticked but cannot see it in either 2d or vc mode ther samer goes for the pmdg 777 when I first in stalled the ngx reboot version and tried to bring up the panel I heard the information that an update was needed which I downloaded and installed and run out of ideas any help please

Nick

Hi Nick,

You've been running Reboot since last July.

What did you change on your system?

Only guess:  There's 2D Panel Transparency slider in the FSX option menu.  You may have it set to full transparent, which would explain why the panel is not visible.

hi Bryan

Thanks for quick responce yup been running fs2crew faultlessly for months only thing changed is just moved over to fsx se and the 3 screens using eyeinfinity cant be this ran fsx without eyeinfinity and still no joy with fs2crew panel

fsxsettup3.jpg

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting FS2crew but I'm a little bit worried I might run across this exact problem described here.

I'm using FSX sp2 with GTX780 surround monitor (3 monitor) and an additional 3 monitors on the internal Intel 4600HD. (using Full view)

Everything works fine but of course I had to re-size some of the pop-up (not undocked) windows (instruments), it's fairly easy once you get the hang of it.

So, is there any config file in FS2crew where I would be able to re-size the FS2crew panels if necessary? Can I drag them from one monitor to the other?(without undocking)

I mainly fly with 2D panel moved to an other monitor which gives me a complete view out of the cockpit. (see attached picture)

Thanks

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Cool setup :-)

FS2Crew is added to the panel.cfg.

It's a standard 2D panel window, like any of the PMDG pop up panels.

So you can edit them.

FYI, you don't need to keep the panel open.  You can keep it closed and just toggle it open whenever you need to look at it.

Best,

Thanks.

That reassures me, I think FS2crew is an awesome product and besides the great functionality I particularly like the real human voices.

And with the very reasonable price at which it's offered I certainly will get mine.

Maybe they should think of making an ATC because all those I've seen have those awful robotic voices.

Cheers 

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Maybe they should think of making an ATC because all those I've seen have those awful robotic voices.

Thank you!

The problem with ATC is you have to either use text-to-voice (which sounds maybe 75 percent human at their best).

The only other way, short of recording every possible ATC phrase, which is impossible, is to chop up human voice recordings and piece them together to make phrases.

The problem is that even sounds worse than text-to-voice in most instances.

The real dream is text-to-voice that sounds at least 99 percent human... but that's a ways off.