Sign in to follow this  
fernandito1969

Tech Spt. request for Issues with PMDG 777 Flight Chklist Screen

Recently purchased the PDMG 777 and coming across a problem with working through the flight checklist screen.

1. When placing the pointer over the screen when activating the checklist on the (V/C) it does not remain steady, it flashes.

2. When click for the pop out screen will not happen.

3. If attempting to work the checklist on the panel screens (left or center) screen it will not flow smoothly through the screen up and down nor allows me to select or advance through the remaining checklists.

4. When activating the crew panel to interact inside the cabin, the checklist flow panel gives me a "SDK ERROR MSG".

So far all other functions are responding correctly and smoothly.

Any suggestions or corrective action to fix the problem? No other functions  

Recently purchased the PDMG 777 and coming across a problem with working through the flight checklist screen.

Hi, fernandito1969,

You might get a better response by posting in the PMDG 777 forum, here, or by searching that forum.  They do require you to sign your full name in their forums.  Also, if the "crew panel" is from an addon, it would be helpful if you stated what addon it is.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike;

Thanks for your response, greatly appreciated. I am very novice in the matter to know if its a addon, which I do not think it is. The program was purchased directly from as fs2Crew 777 from the PDMG website into my system, correct me if I am wrong then please. I will click on the (here" link and repost my request for support as a new topic, its that the correct path?

Thanks for your response, greatly appreciated. I am very novice in the matter to know if its a addon, which I do not think it is. The program was purchased directly from as fs2Crew 777 from the PDMG website into my system, correct me if I am wrong then please. I will click on the (here" link and repost my request for support as a new topic, its that the correct path?

Hi, fernandito,

I'll try to answer some of your questions.

To get the checklist to pop up you need to move the cursor to the center of the display. There may

also be a shift+number combination available, depending upon which screen you use.

You can get to the next checklist by clicking on "Normal" or "Non-Normal" menus. A list of sub-

checklists will appear. Not sure about flashing.

FS2Crew is made for the PMDG 777 but it is a separate product. Did you buy this as a separate

product (on the PMDG web site or elsewhere)? What are you clicking on to start the "crew panel"?

PMDG has just today released a new, memory saving update. You should probably download and install

it as the new version may fix a bug in previous versions.

Finally, you should do Tutorial 1 that comes with the 777, and Kyle Rodgers' Tutorial 1.5 (available somewhere in the PMDG

forums on Avsim).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike for the guidance and info. I will try them and send you some feedback in regards to the chklist issue.

To you questions - Yes! it was purchased it direct from the PDMG site and downloaded into my system.

-  About the crew panel - followed the instructions on the manual to set up on the key controls. I got mine set up with a function bottons of the Logitech handle.

- Would you be able get me to that exact link to get that updated version or provide exactly where is at in the website. have not being able to find it yet.

I will browse for the Kyle Rogers tutorial.

The program do not include the manual handling of the CPU, its there one place where I can get besides youtube videos?

Routes into the CPU.

1. At one point shows that I could upload the flight plans route to the CPU from a certain source. I get errors like "no routes available" and something about uplink requested during the functions. Are the routes available through FSX or do I really need to pay membership with some website where I can get routes into the CPU at request?

2. Do we here in AVsim have anything available or its there somewhere that I could get those route.? 

Att.

Thanks Mike for the guidance and info. I will try them and send you some feedback in regards to the chklist issue.

To you questions - Yes! it was purchased it direct from the PDMG site and downloaded into my system.

- About the crew panel - followed the instructions on the manual to set up on the key controls. I got mine set up with a function bottons of the Logitech handle.

- Would you be able get me to that exact link to get that updated version or provide exactly where is at in the website. have not being able to find it yet.

Hi, Fernandito1969,

First, you should get  the most recent version of the 777.  It is available on your purchase account on the PMDG website -- from the same place that you downloaded your original purchase.  The file name will

look the same but it will be more recent unless you purchased in the last day or so.   Unfortunately you need to download and install a new version of the entire file, not a patch.

The new version uses less memory and fixes some bugs, but it has also caused problems for some people who use the Steam version of FSX.  PMDG has already updated the installer and it looks like most people no longer have the problem.

Some of your questions suggest that you have not done Tutorial I or read the Introductory Manual that comes with the 777 -- in particular about the messages you are getting regarding flight plans on the CDU (not CPU -- that refers to the Central Processor Unit of your computer).  You need to create a flight plan for a given route before you can use the CDU to load it.

Flight plans can be obtained from a number of sources for free.  For the USA and some US-international flights Flightaware.com has thousands of real world flight plans.  But up-to-date navigation data - waypoints, air routes, SIDS (Standard Instrument Departure), STARS (Standard Arrival charts) and IAPs (runway approach charts) can be obtained from Navigraph or Aerosoft for a small fee.  Both suppliers have data for PMDG and many other addon aircraft. 

I don't have FS2Crew, but I did see another person getting the "SDK" error.  There is a support forum for FS2Crew and the 777 here:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/604-fs2crew-pmdg-777/

I suggest you go through Tutorial I and Kyle Rodgers' Tutorial 1.5, and without any addons like FS2Crew to complicate things more.  Do them a couple of times.  This is a very exciting and rewarding aircraft to fly but you need to learn how to fly it -- it will take some time.

Finally, again, you will do better to post in PMDG's forums on AVSIM to get knowledgeable responses to any issues that arise.  It is best to search those forums first for any  given issue before posting, or to find an existing thread that discusses your issue if there is one.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

To you questions - Yes! it was purchased it direct from the PDMG site and downloaded into my system.

-  About the crew panel - followed the instructions on the manual to set up on the key controls. I got mine set up with a function bottons of the Logitech handle.

- Would you be able get me to that exact link to get that updated version or provide exactly where is at in the website. have not being able to find it yet.

I will browse for the Kyle Rogers tutorial.

The program do not include the manual handling of the CPU, its there one place where I can get besides youtube videos?

Routes into the CPU.

1. At one point shows that I could upload the flight plans route to the CPU from a certain source. I get errors like "no routes available" and something about uplink requested during the functions. Are the routes available through FSX or do I really need to pay membership with some website where I can get routes into the CPU at request?

2. Do we here in AVsim have anything available or its there somewhere that I could get those route.? 

Att.

Finally figured out the procedures to load the routes and data from simbrief...great tool!

Hello Mike;

Could you assist me with instructions on how to get to the Pdmg 777 Operations Center to download 777 livery into my system. I have followed a few paths per instructions and not able to find the proper file yet on the FSX Files or PDMG folder where I can find a direct link that will get me there quicker.

Could you assist me with instructions on how to get to the Pdmg 777 Operations Center to download 777 livery into my system. I have followed a few paths per instructions and not able to find the proper file yet on the FSX Files or PDMG folder where I can find a direct link that will get me there quicker.

Capture.png

1 make sure its the right sim for yu pc

2 click on the livery downloader

3 than click what ever livery you want either the 7777, er or the 200

Captureabe90.png

1 click on what ever livery you want after you clicked on it it will show a downloading bar at the bottom of the aircraft and on number 2 it will also show you a red alert alerting you have a message once its downloaed the red alert will go away and the download bar will turn to installed that's it you all good to go

If you want to delete any repaints just go to the livery manager and click on the repaint not the pmdg ones and than click the remove option

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes Sir, got it and it work. Awesome. Thanks Pete

Hi, Fernandito1969,

First, you should get  the most recent version of the 777.  It is available on your purchase account on the PMDG website -- from the same place that you downloaded your original purchase.  The file name will

look the same but it will be more recent unless you purchased in the last day or so.   Unfortunately you need to download and install a new version of the entire file, not a patch.

The new version uses less memory and fixes some bugs, but it has also caused problems for some people who use the Steam version of FSX.  PMDG has already updated the installer and it looks like most people no longer have the problem.

Some of your questions suggest that you have not done Tutorial I or read the Introductory Manual that comes with the 777 -- in particular about the messages you are getting regarding flight plans on the CDU (not CPU -- that refers to the Central Processor Unit of your computer).  You need to create a flight plan for a given route before you can use the CDU to load it.

Flight plans can be obtained from a number of sources for free.  For the USA and some US-international flights Flightaware.com has thousands of real world flight plans.  But up-to-date navigation data - waypoints, air routes, SIDS (Standard Instrument Departure), STARS (Standard Arrival charts) and IAPs (runway approach charts) can be obtained from Navigraph or Aerosoft for a small fee.  Both suppliers have data for PMDG and many other addon aircraft. 

I don't have FS2Crew, but I did see another person getting the "SDK" error.  There is a support forum for FS2Crew and the 777 here:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/604-fs2crew-pmdg-777/

I suggest you go through Tutorial I and Kyle Rodgers' Tutorial 1.5, and without any addons like FS2Crew to complicate things more.  Do them a couple of times.  This is a very exciting and rewarding aircraft to fly but you need to learn how to fly it -- it will take some time.

Finally, again, you will do better to post in PMDG's forums on AVSIM to get knowledgeable responses to any issues that arise.  It is best to search those forums first for any  given issue before posting, or to find an existing thread that discusses your issue if there is one.

Mike

Thanks for all your help Mike. I have resolved many of the issue posted previously. Now, I got 2 more problems to work; #1. On the PDMB 777-300ERX once take off and during climbing the screen or the program freezes but the sound remains running. Not sure where to post that question on the panel. #2. A few of the fsc2Crew voice moments during the PF Events from the FO and FA are not heard. I have posted that issue already at the right spot hopefully. Pending feedback now. Any remedies for that 1st issue mentioned?

Now, I got 2 more problems to work; #1. On the PDMB 777-300ERX once take off and during climbing the screen or the program freezes but the sound remains running. Not sure where to post that question on the panel.

I don't know the solution to this problem.  You are much more likely to get  an answer either by posting in the PMDG 777 forum here:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/520-pmdg-777/

or by filing a ticket with PMDG:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

If you don't already have a support account, you will need to create one.  This is different from your store account.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2