Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

Here we go again.... YES, 64 bit *is* a valid solution...

Will it solve dev lazyness or users making proper selections? No, of course not. But you will not get OOMs...

It's not "papering over the cracks". It's the equivalent in your example of just getting a goddamn Bus and ditch that small car....

You sound angry. Breathe.

You're right and you're wrong.

Developer discipline is still important in 64bit, and without at least some discipline, yes, it is "papering over the cracks".

Do I believe in 64bit? Yes

Will it conceal poor coding? No, it'll just allow more of it without it being noticed.

Does poor coding affect performance: Yes, therefore it matters in 64bit.

Does 64bit help performance in itself? Not really (if you exclude the occasions where vas would be exhausted)

Should I take a bus to the beach? I guess so, but it's overkill for 5 people - and it's more of a laugh in the boot. Perhaps we should have used the GA aircraft analogy, and talked about the performance in the POH, and the enjoyment of taking off on a very hot day, with no wind, on an short upsloping runway, with 4 fat friends in the aircraft... and their bags. Don't ask....

p3d 3.1, and this latest 777 update has taken the VAS headache away for now, so I guess I'm in a minority who are more hyped up for Directx12 than 64bit p3d. That's just me. Others might have different priorities.

Have a great day.

Awesome news!!!

All updated and everything went smooth. I hope to hear for the others the same as well.

David G

Jimmy-

Site is running fine.  Normally when we get a report like yours- we ask the user if they recall installing any "less than reputable" software that might have a reason to make sure your DNS entry cannot find our sit?  That would be a reasonable culprit...

Correct again Rob. Just checked it off the laptop and its running fine.

Any idea on how I could resolve this problem??

Jimmy Nestor

Look in your internet settings. Firewalls, selective web-filtering, anything related to your browser.

Whatever is interfering wasn't written by us, so that's about as much as I can offer.

Kyle Rodgers

Correct again Rob. Just checked it off the laptop and its running fine.

If it's a DNS issue, you could try pointing to Google DNS, easy address to remember 8.8.8.8

Open DNS is also another solution, but they tend to filter content.

Ian R Tyldesley

Thanks guys for this life cycle update! My 777's seem like they are fresh from a 10,000 hour overhaul.

S. Robinson

Scott Robinson

My personal experience is very bad fps in fsx after updating

I was suspecting this...I wasn't sure...Could  someone else confirm..what the FPS was prior to this update vs after this update. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

You sound angry. Breathe.

You're right and you're wrong.

Developer discipline is still important in 64bit, and without at least some discipline, yes, it is "papering over the cracks".

Do I believe in 64bit? Yes

Will it conceal poor coding? No, it'll just allow more of it without it being noticed.

Does poor coding affect performance: Yes, therefore it matters in 64bit.

Does 64bit help performance in itself? Not really (if you exclude the occasions where vas would be exhausted)

Should I take a bus to the beach? I guess so, but it's overkill for 5 people - and it's more of a laugh in the boot. Perhaps we should have used the GA aircraft analogy, and talked about the performance in the POH, and the enjoyment of taking off on a very hot day, with no wind, on an short upsloping runway, with 4 fat friends in the aircraft... and their bags. Don't ask....

p3d 3.1, and this latest 777 update has taken the VAS headache away for now, so I guess I'm in a minority who are more hyped up for Directx12 than 64bit p3d. That's just me. Others might have different priorities.

Have a great day.

To paraphrase you then, "you're right and your wrong"... :)

I never claimed more FPS, that is not in discussion.

What you're not noticing is that people keep wanting to take "more friends to the beach" every time...

Yes, 64 bit will not address poor and lazy coding. Now, if you want to use:

ORBX

PMDG

FSDT/FLYTAMPA/WHATEVER

AI

Full sliders...

And you are currently getting OOMs...

Which of these guys would say now are poor coders exactly..?

Would or wouldn't 64 bit be the solution..?

I cant wait for Aerosoft to return so I can install this update.

Randy Smith

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

To paraphrase you then, "you're right and your wrong"... :)

I never claimed more FPS, that is not in discussion.

What you're not noticing is that people keep wanting to take "more friends to the beach" every time...

Yes, 64 bit will not address poor and lazy coding. Now, if you want to use:

ORBX

PMDG

FSDT/FLYTAMPA/WHATEVER

AI

Full sliders...

And you are currently getting OOMs...

Which of these guys would say now are poor coders exactly..?

Would or wouldn't 64 bit be the solution..?

It would be a solution, and as I said - im fully supportive of it.

I'm guessing my earlier post was intended to set expectations for the uninitiated. That is to say - those that think 64bit will solve all the ills of a unique platform with several 3rd party developers.

We can currently choose our friends we take to the beach, depending on the size of their fat arse in the car.

They will still have a fat arse on the bus ;) I guess that was my point, notwithstanding the extra space.

I'm not going to name names - but one in your list stands out as a very unoptimised example.

Will the coexistence error/problem pop up if we do not have FSX:SE installed? I only have the retail version of FSX: Acceleration installed.

Will the coexistence error/problem pop up if we do not have FSX:SE installed? I only have the retail version of FSX: Acceleration installed.

Latest update fixed the issue for me, though I'm on FSX:SE

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png