Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

Ok, I assume that the answer is no.....

The bottlenecks are clockspeed of your CPU (you will have to OC all your cores at least to 4-4.2 GHZ, impossoble with non K series cpu) and 1,5GB VRAM according to your preferences regarding texture-filtering.

For none overclockers i'd suggest Intel i7 4790K or the newer Intel i7 6700k. As GPU a Nvidia 970GTX (or better) if you want to migrate to P3D.

On stock-clockspeed (3,5Ghz) you'll have to expect ~15fps average (measured with extended FSX fps indication and lot of V(ariance)) on ground when addon airport is active and fs setup is being moderate.

I cannot connect to the website (www.precisionmanuals.com)  for some reason. It keeps telling me the webpage is not available.

Could this be due excess downloads from the server or what??

Issue resolved. Thanks for all the help!!

Jimmy Nestor

Thanks a lot PMDG and happy new year. I have a question regarding the uninstallation and installation process. Until now for previous updates I launched the PMDG 777-300ER new installer by which first I uninstalled the 300ER Expantion then launched the PMDG 777-200LR/F new installer by which I uninstalled the PMDG 777-200LR/F. After these two uninstallation I reboot the system and installed the 777 base package and then new 300ER and again reboot.  Is that what I should follow for this new release? 

Thanks a lot PMDG and happy new year. I have a question regarding the uninstallation and installation process. Until now for previous updates I launched the PMDG 777-300ER new installer by which first I uninstalled the 300ER Expantion then launched the PMDG 777-200LR/F new installer by which I uninstalled the PMDG 777-200LR/F. After these two uninstallation I reboot the system and installed the 777 base package and then new 300ER and again reboot.  Is that what I should follow for this new release? 

Here Tom Gain has explain the steps

The procedure I always followed which always worked  when updating the T7 or NGX is

1. Uninstall the product (In this case the T7) from programs & features in the control panel (As you state)

2. reboot (Optional but I always reboot after an uninstall or install just to be safe)

3. Install the updated product

4. Reboot

5. Run in FSX/P3D to make sure the T7 loads ok, (Of course say yes to the security dialogs that come up)

6. Once that's confirmed Run the Operations Center select repair liveries on the notification of missing liveries (Or something to that effect) At this point all your liveries should be restored.

Then you should be good to go. Only if there are problems after this would I go do the wipe clean install procedure, you posted.

Tom Cain

• Upvote 1

Taxicam lights don't work after the update. Cabin windows are no longer transparent and do not let any light out at night which makes the fuselage look weird at night. I did a complete uninstall and restarted my computer before I applied the update. I must be doing something wrong.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Taxicam lights don't work after the update. Cabin windows are no longer transparent and do not let any light out at night which makes the fuselage look weird at night. I did a complete uninstall and restarted my computer before I applied the update. I must be doing something wrong.

No, you did nothing wrong: http://www.avsim.com/topic/481021-after-new-installer-cabin-windows-are-not-transparent/

I´ve got the same issue with the cabin windows. PMDG is locking for fixing this issue as you can read in the link above. I thought i´m the only one who noticed this problem^^

• Upvote 1

The bottlenecks are clockspeed of your CPU (you will have to OC all your cores at least to 4-4.2 GHZ, impossoble with non K series cpu) and 1,5GB VRAM according to your preferences regarding texture-filtering.

For none overclockers i'd suggest Intel i7 4790K or the newer Intel i7 6700k. As GPU a Nvidia 970GTX (or better) if you want to migrate to P3D.

On stock-clockspeed (3,5Ghz) you'll have to expect ~15fps average (measured with extended FSX fps indication and lot of V(ariance)) on ground when addon airport is active and fs setup is being moderate.

Thank you very much for this info. It's too risky.  I'm waiting to have a faster computer. Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Real Deraps

Are we the only two who have this problem? Home come nobody else noticed it?

No. This problem should appear to every T7 pilot after the last update. But not every user noticed this problem. I think they don´t watched the exterior closely. I only saw this problem because i watched the sexy SATCOM antenna on my 777-200LR, because PMDG unlocked this option with this update which is great. PMDG will fix this issue soon, i´m sure. 

Virtual CDU 777 from virtualavionics for PMDG777 in P3D v3.1 

not longer working after last 777 update   :unsure2: 

for the PMDG737 it works  :Confused:

Virtual CDU 777 from virtualavionics for PMDG777 in P3D v3.1 not longer working after last 777 update

Same for FSX. I have already reported it to Virtual Avionics.

They promised to fix it by offering a new VAInterface within a week.

From my experience I can say they are usually faster, so let's keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for the awesome update. 777 is flying great and VAS has dropped significantly. I am seeing a good jump in frames too! (Might be due to my system since it's not top of the line at all. So any extra processes is well accepted). 

Happy New Year!

Sante Sottile

With the new B777 download in p3dV3.1........unable to turn the transponder on to the TCAS position.....it immediately flips back to standby.

Dave

FSX and Windows7 might be old but it works. How's FSE, P3D and Windows10 doing?