Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

Hello guys, thank you for the update. I have two questions:

1. Do these latest installers come with all previous versions included? (e.g. SP1C/D, etc.) or do I have to install the service packs as well separately?

2. In order to do a "cleaner" re-install, after uninstalling the product via Programs / Features I also deleted the PMDG folder left on FSX's root folder (I have the normal FSX, non-SE). Is there any issue with this or should I not do this again in the future?

Thank you beforehand.

PMDG installers are always inclusive, the latest installer includes all previous updates.

A clean install would also delete the \SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 77X  folders.  There is no harm in doing this but it is only required when specified by the installation instructions.

If you delete the PMDG folder you also delete your NGX and JS4100 panels, aircraft settings, etc, if you have other PMDG products.

Dan Downs KCRP

As always, a brilliantly, exceptional job well done.  You have all out done yourselves over and beyond the call of duty.  Bravo ... !

PMDG installers are always inclusive, the latest installer includes all previous updates.

A clean install would also delete the \SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 77X  folders.  There is no harm in doing this but it is only required when specified by the installation instructions.

If you delete the PMDG folder you also delete your NGX and JS4100 panels, aircraft settings, etc, if you have other PMDG products.

Thank you for your reply, Dan. I indeed confirmed that newer installers come with all previous updates included. Just to be sure, I also manually deleted all PMDG-related folders in SimObjects, as well as the RAASPRO one in the FSX root folder and the Operations Center one in Program Files. I deleted all of these folders fearlessly as the 777 is the only PMDG product I have installed right now, so there's no worry about messing any other installation up.

After this update I noticed that now there seems to be a less noticeable fps drop when the mouse cursor is active while on the 3D cockpit. Feels awesome so far, will do some tests and post my outcome. Thank you guys for your effort in keeping the airplane up-to-date!

My first day back in the real world,. and a nice Christmas surprise from PMDG!!

Thanks very much to Robert and the team.

Just deinstalled, and installed as advised - and it works. Thanks for the update, although I did not suffer from OOMs.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

This is why I consider PMDG the best of the best in software development - particularly in terms of flightsim aircraft.

To revisit an older software title and rework/revamp it due to discovering reduced memory usage during development of a new aircraft - that commitment walks the talk.

Many thanks PMDG team. 

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I, reluctantly, respond to this topic, because I do not want to give my system the "evil eye" (or "mal de ojo" in Spanish or "il malocchio" in Italian), but I must say that every aircraft, upgrade, improvement and "surprise" has worked from the moment it was installed and activated.

And, if there was something wrong, a polite response to the ticket I posted would show me where I went wrong (it was always I).

May the tradition continue!

Thank you PMDG

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Where's the update that allows me to use my 777 from FSX in P3D without forking out an additional $135?

Steve McLaren

P.S. @*&^/$! awesome product though (finish on a high). Thanks Kyle

I love what PMDG did with the T7 in regards to VAS reduction. In the past, it was virtually impossible for me to get within 10nm with T2G - KSEA or Flightbeams KSFO, and especially when using FTX Global, FTX vectors, PNW and Ultimate Terrain X. Prior to, I had to disable FTX vectors and PNW to make this possible. But now, I'm landing without hiccups into both places with at least 300MB remaining in VAS. FPS unfortunately is not all that great on landing (15-19 fps), Nevertheless, this is surprisingly Awesome! Under the circumstances, the new 744 will be a most welcomed addition. Thank yo PMDG...Great work!

• Upvote 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Hi,

is it necessary to uninstall previous version and do clean installation?

(there is no suggestions in readme file)

is it necessary to uninstall previous version and do clean installation?

Any time you download a full installer, this is a good idea.

Kyle Rodgers

Pardon my ignorance but what is GMCS functionality?

Ground Maneuvering Camera System (or something similar to that).

Full names - first and last - in the forum here, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Pardon my ignorance but what is GMCS functionality?

GMCS Ground Maneuver Camera System (Boeing 777-300)

A simple search of the fcom would have solved your issue fcom 1 L.10.8

In short its a camera that allows the pilots to taxi around so they get a better picture

Kyle just beat me to it :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg