Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

Rafal,

We do not plan to roll it backward into the NGX, as that already performs exceptionally well.

Leo-

Go back and read my reply to you- as I went back and changed it to be a bit less caustic and a bit more informative. (Thank Kyle... his insistence...)

Keep in mind that we can take your feedback and run it through the debug process and watch what is happening in real time. We aren't guessing when we tell you that we can/cannot duplicate something- we are giving feedback based upon real-time-data.

If we find a way to duplicate your results- we can dig further. Until then, it remains open and we continue to collect data. That is about all we can be expected to do.

In your case- I slapped at you fairly hard- probably a bit unfairly- because we are all working very hard to give the community at large something that took a tremendous amount of effort and work- and you appeared to leap right into my face to express your displeasure that your personal priority was not placed first. As I said- Kyle asked me to rewrite my answer as he felt I was being unfair. (For which I will probably fire him on Monday... we will see. :Tounge: )

Thank you Rob,

I have re-read your updated reply and it definitely served as a reminder as to how challenging and time consuming it can be, to not only replicate something a small number of users are seeing on their end but also find the cause and come up with a potential fix. Not to mention having to oversee mutiple product developments.

I am very much looking forward to updating to P3D3.1 and downloading the latest B777 installers! The

addition of the -300ER GCMS and -200LR SATCOM are the icing on the cake for this very significant and welcome update!

P.S. Please don't fire Kyle, he has brought much needed Law & Order to the PMDG forums ;)

Rafal,

We do not plan to roll it backward into the NGX, as that already performs exceptionally well.

Hey Rob, 

Follow up question: Question - In regards to the NGX, will you guys be updating the model in a similar way to allow better interaction with the Avatar? Thank you! 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I´ve got a problem with my T7 since the last update now. The Cabin windows are not transparent. I´ve got this Problem with my 777LR and 777-300ER. Can someone help me? I uninstalled the Product installed with the new installers. 

I have the same issue as well.

• Upvote 1

wow wonderful news for new year.But,can we get a proper change log like with the every LM release?
also can you please confirm that the MSVCR120.dll issue solved.bcoz we couldn't find anything with the latest v3.1 release. refer: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995&start=420
& regarding vas issue.currently the only stressful enough single addon in p3d to get you a 100% OOM is the ORBX FTX Global vector.disable that & u will be thanking for upto 900MB savings.PERIOD.

& thanks PMDG that was really unexpected.

Muntasir Ahmed

I've updated 777-200LR + 777-300ER (run installer without prior uninstall)

Now GMCS button works and the display is shown. BUT not no outside views.

What's wrong? And how it can be fixed?

P3D 3.1

Thanks

You should have done a clean install. Go to PMDG knowledge Base for instructions of how to correctly uninstall. Then iinstall the new file. Hope that helps.

Thanks Rob for the update.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Here you go. Capt Robs instructions are as follows:

Same applies to the 300ER

To accomplish a full removal and clean install of the PMDG 777-200LR/F, follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

3. Manually delete the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder.

4. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects
    - You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. Manually delete the PMDG_777X_3.ini file in the FSX/GAUGES folder.

6. Reinstall from your RTM installer.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Here you go. Capt Robs instructions are as follows:

Same applies to the 300ER

To accomplish a full removal and clean install of the PMDG 777-200LR/F, follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

3. Manually delete the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder.

4. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects

- You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. Manually delete the PMDG_777X_3.ini file in the FSX/GAUGES folder.

6. Reinstall from your RTM installer.

You shouldn't have to do steps 2 to 5, in fact if you delete the simobject entries, you'll lose all your textures, not just the official ones you can redownload from the OC but any ones you downloaded from other sites, like AVSIM. The procedure I always followed which always worked  when updating the T7 or NGX is

1. Uninstall the product (In this case the T7) from programs & features in the control panel (As you state)

2. reboot (Optional but I always reboot after an uninstall or install just to be safe)

3. Install the updated product

4. Reboot

5. Run in FSX/P3D to make sure the T7 loads ok, (Of course say yes to the security dialogs that come up)

6. Once that's confirmed Run the Operations Center select repair liveries on the notification of missing liveries (Or something to that effect) At this point all your liveries should be restored.

Then you should be good to go. Only if there are problems after this would I go do the wipe clean install procedure, you posted.

Tom Cain

• Upvote 3

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Then you should be good to go. Only if there are problems after this would I go do the wipe clean install procedure, you posted.

Cheers Tom. Your steps are certainly better in regards to keeping third party liveries. What about Manually delete the PMDG_777X_3.ini file in the FSX/GAUGES folder. ?

For me, the 200 LRF base package installed fine, but the 300ER installer complained about FSX and FSX:SE being installed in COEXISTENCE... which is not the case, I only have FSX:SE on my machine.

I could not continue install of the 300ER.

I have filed a support ticket with PMDG. I'm sure they will fix it soon.

Thank you PMDG for this New Year gift.

Regards,

Mathieu

UPDATE: Forget I said anything, just saw the "coexisting" topic in the forum... I must have downloaded the packages while they were updating them (I donwloaded at 0856Z), downloaded the correct 200 package but still the faulty 300... Redownloaded the 300 and works fine now.

Mathieu Souphy

Great work and great updates. Thaks and a really happy new year to all the team !

Just one little thing I just updated the operation center it has no impact I think but the last log entries are dated in µ2015 which I believe should be 2016 ;) Just so you now :)

thank you so much for the continued development

jeff storey

jeff storey