Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

AAAAAAAAAA!!!  :wink:  :wink:

p8gKYgA.jpg

Pawel Grochowski

I have the same error in FSX and P3D no problems with installation.

Here, however, a statement of PMDG to this bug:

Latest 777 installer COEXISTENCE FAILURE

There appears to be an issue with the sim checking routine in the new version that was released tonight - we are aware of it and attempting to figure out why it's happening. We did not see this during testing, so it may take us a bit of time to figure out what's going on.

Downloading...... can't wait to test with UK VFR Horizon Photoscenery and NIght Environment British Isles. In the past OOM within minutes.....Hope the update solves this :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Cool, thanks a bunch, PMDG people!

I've flown my figurative ... behind off in the NGX after it(*) had received the weather radar upgrade. Guess it's about time to change planes again ...   ;-)

(*) The NGX had received the upgrade.   ;-)

Great job guys and I'm impressed you stopped production to retro a past product.  Happy New Year to you and your families, as well!  :hi:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Cheers Tom. Your steps are certainly better in regards to keeping third party liveries. What about Manually delete the PMDG_777X_3.ini file in the FSX/GAUGES folder. ?

Not exactly sure what that file is for? I have it on my FSX Box install, (Which I don't use anymore) but it's not there on my FSX-SE installation, and I haven't seen any negative effects on it not being there. I guess if it is an issue, you can go ahead and delete it before the installation, but I never had any problems the way it is though.

Tom Cain

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

64bit is not an answer to either of these issues - it's merely papering over the cracks.

Here we go again.... YES, 64 bit *is* a valid solution...

Will it solve dev lazyness or users making proper selections? No, of course not. But you will not get OOMs...

It's not "papering over the cracks". It's the equivalent in your example of just getting a goddamn Bus and ditch that small car....

Now, re: the update, Awesome work PMDG!!! Thanks for making it available!

I cannot connect to the website (www.precisionmanuals.com)  for some reason. It keeps telling me the webpage is not available.

Could this be due excess downloads from the server or what??

Jimmy Nestor

I cannot connect to the website (www.precisionmanuals.com)  for some reason. It keeps telling me the webpage is not available.

No problems here, I just downloaded the new installers. BTW a big thank you to all PMDG team and a great 2016!

Could this be due excess downloads from the server or what?

Possible. Folks are so happy about the update that last night I was downloading the 777 installers with a speed of 10-20% of my usual download rate. :wink:

PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Thanks PMDG. Absolutely awesome as usual!

I don't have any OOM problems (touch wood) because I understand the issue and plan accordingly.....

Jason Jackett

Everything working fine here.

Thanks for the update :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks PMDG...You just made my morning. Happy New Year and Much Love :dance:

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I always love good news!

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Jimmy-

Site is running fine.  Normally when we get a report like yours- we ask the user if they recall installing any "less than reputable" software that might have a reason to make sure your DNS entry cannot find our sit?  That would be a reasonable culprit...

Possible. Folks are so happy about the update that last night I was downloading the 777 installers with a speed of 10-20% of my usual download rate. :wink:

PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Rafal-

We do distribution via amazon's cloud.  You can't slow that down.  LOL

If you are seeing locally slow speeds- it is YOUR provider... not ours.  :hi:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com