Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Have issue with the superb Global AI ship traffic

I started experiencing issues many weeks ago of severe stutters when taking off at San Diego's KSAN airport.  So before I start posting details, hours of tests I performed and all that stuff, I just wanted to see if others using Henrik's great add-on might experience a similar issue at that location?

So if you have the Global AI ship traffic installed with either all it's files or at least those traffic bgls for the west coast of the USA could you try this:

Take off on runway 27 at San Diego KSAN airport in California, USA.  At about the point where you are at or just past the tower (which should be on your right side), do you suddenly experience severe quick stutters from 1 up to ten times as you continue to roll down the runway?  Trust me, it will be quite noticeable.  If so, this should be also repeatable.  You can simply slew your aircraft back to the beginning of the runway and take off again.

Would appreciated it anyone seeing this would post here.

Happy New Years

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

KSAN (LatinVFR) is my home airport so I fly out of there all the time on rwy 27 with Global AI ship traffic for the west cost, and I do not experience what you have mentioned.

4790K @ 4.0ghz, GTX 970  P3D v2.4

Cheers

Martin

Thx for such a quick reply Martin.   You are a perfect candidate as this being you home airport (like me).  Would you mine checking your Scenery/World/scenery folder and see if these traffic bgl files are in there, oh and also set your AI boat traffic slider to 100% and test. (Not sure if boat traffic slider makes a difference with his bgls).

traffic_Ships_US_Long_Beach_70324
traffic_Ships_US_Long_Beach_70326
traffic_Ships_US_Long_Beach_S_Diego_70350
traffic_Ships_US_Long_Beach_S_Diego_70352
traffic_Ships_US_Long_Beach_S_Diego_70353
traffic_Ships_US_Los_Angeles_70302
traffic_Ships_US_Los_Angeles_70393
traffic_Ships_US_Los_Angeles_70394
traffic_Ships_US_Los_Angeles_70395
traffic_Ships_US_Oakland_70321
traffic_Ships_US_San_Diego_Vancouver_70301
traffic_Ships_US_Vancouver_Long_Beach_70305

Many thanks,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

If you're running your boat traffic slider at 100%, that is probably your problem.  Henrik says that slider should only be at 10%.  He also says that you can run leisure boat traffic at whatever you want.  Almost forgot, the ship traffic needs to be at least 5%.  Hope that helps.

Clutch, I'll take a look in the morning and let you know, but as mentioned above from Chuck, make sure your ship slider is no more than 10% -15%, mine is set at 15%

Cheers

Martin

Good point guys.  What I find interesting is if I remove the above mentioned files I can set AI boat traffic to 100% and have a completely smooth take-off.   You could be thinking, "Well, that's because you removed all boat traffic around you in San Diego".  But that is not the case as I still have seven other boat .bgl files of his in San Diego that work perfectly. 

But it may just be a simple case of over taxing my system always at that particular spot (the aircraft is crossing an LOD10 grid at that precise spot and I believe it causes AI having to reload its models at that moment).  Since no one else appears to be  experiencing any similar issues I can only suspect my setup. 

Will keep exploring....

Hi,

i remember having a similar issue in the HongKong area. Taking off at old KaiTak, i had a drop in fps. I nailed it down to a single ship. Every time it was in sight, the frames dropped. Viewing to another direction and all was smooth with 30 fps.

I must re-check the area if the issue is still there after the last update.

Matthias

Clutch, I don't have the Los Angeles files, but have all the rest. But have lots of ship traffic off the coast of LAX?

Good luck!

Martin

Thx for the feedback Martin,

as I think KSAN may be unique as the runway just happens to cross an LOD10 grid.  If you do not have the Los Angeles files that could be a question of my install... do I have old file that should not be there?  Duplicates?  Only Henrik would know for sure I guess.  Maybe he will see this post and chime in.

Looked at my files again and I do have one of the LA files  (traffic_ships_US_Los_Angeles_70302.bgl)  but not all 4 like you. Not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Cheers

Martin