Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

After new installer: Cabin Windows are not transparent!

Using  fsx  here  downloaded  2  nights  ago    and iam able  to see   through  into the cockpit and  cabin area

2016-1-5_14-30-8-438.jpg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Using  fsx  here  downloaded  2  nights  ago    and iam able  to see   through  into the cockpit and  cabin area

2016-1-5_14-30-8-438.jpg

Yes. But it seems that you don´t have transparent CABIN windows on the site of the aircraft, too. I can´t see cabin lights in the outside view etc. This is a problem PMDG will fix

When a fix is worked out, I hope it will be made available as a simple download of a few replacement files that can be downloaded either directly from precisionmanuals.com or through the O.C.  I've already installed the latest update twice.  For me this involves putting modifications into the panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files each time, as they are overwritten by a new install.  (My modifications involve resizing the left CDU to make it more readable, adding entries to allow Function keys to control various VC windows, and adding a third party free radar gauge to the panel).

Thanks very much, and thanks again for this excellent update!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I and my friend uninstalled the 777 by the book-everything re. 777 deleted.

We both used the new installer and all works correctly including windows!

We both use FSX with EFB and UK scenery but no other add on.

does that point to other addons?

Regards to all

David Pedder

Regards to all

David Pedder

Ok. Thanks for your reply. I´ll try this! 

Hello.

Not sure there is any use trying what Carlan2uk suggested as I myself did a total/complete clean installation with latest file plus I don't have any third party software apart from PMDG B777 and ASN. Even after the total clean (everything deleted) reinstall I don't have transparent cabin windows.

Could it be a graphics card issue? I use a GTX680 - what do you guys use? Wondering maybe that is the common link? I must admit I know nothing about programming :(

Hope this is sorted out sooner then later by PMDG - but at least the aircraft is useable and and it's only a visiual issue.

regards

Kimberly Rjones

Same problem here. Additionally I have another problem, when I select the Air Conditioning or Air Start Units they don't appear on the external view, the GPUs shows normally. Anyone can confirm this? Beside these little problems the plane works just fine.

Sorry my bad english.

Hi, David,

Just to help clarify things, what are the date and time of the 200LR installation file you used? There are at least two,

both installing version 7025. This might help clear things up a bit.

Haven't had a chance to check the A/C or Air Start units yet.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have the same issue with the cabin windows as well. Also a very peculiar thing occurred when uninstalling using the control panel. I noticed the 777-300ER expansion was not listed in the list of programs but the base pack was. Could this possibly have corrupted the subsequent installation?

VR

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Hello.

Not sure there is any use trying what Carlan2uk suggested as I myself did a total/complete clean installation with latest file plus I don't have any third party software apart from PMDG B777 and ASN. Even after the total clean (everything deleted) reinstall I don't have transparent cabin windows.

Could it be a graphics card issue? I use a GTX680 - what do you guys use? Wondering maybe that is the common link? I must admit I know nothing about programming :sad:

Hope this is sorted out sooner then later by PMDG - but at least the aircraft is useable and and it's only a visiual issue.

regards

Kimberly Rjones

Hi. 

I´m pretty sure that this problem has nothing to do with our graphics card. I´m using an ASUS GTX780 btw. But PMDG confirmed that this issue is caused by the isntaller/ software. I´m sure they will find a fix for this but it seems that its not really easy, because it takes some time. 

Thx so much.. I thought i totally mess everything up and was going to freak out but it wasn't me.. thx for the quick reply dude.. Ill wait for the update then.. til then i just install the original version I had prior to this update.. Until this is fix

Carlos Colon

I'm not sure the problem is a technical one rather then how the model in the released was designed. What I'm seeing is the windows forward appear black as reported, but if I view the mid to aft windows, they are mixed, some are black some are transparent, and some appear to have their window shades partially down. So to me it looks ike for whatever reason the mode released in this update was modeled with many of the windows having their window shade down, making it appear the windows was no longer transparent.

Tom Cain

Forward section (Black window)

fsx%202016-01-06%2023-16-49-63_zpsvguvmn

Mid Section (some transparent some partial some black)

fsx%202016-01-06%2023-18-36-39_zpsyzm9ul

Aft Section (some transparent some partial some black)

fsx%202016-01-06%2023-18-45-89_zpsajgjcb

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm not sure the problem is a technical one rather then how the model in the released was designed. What I'm seeing is the windows forward appear black as reported, but if I view the mid to aft windows, they are mixed, some are black some are transparent, and some appear to have their window shades partially down. So to me it looks ike for whatever reason the mode released in this update was modeled with many of the windows having their window shade down, making it appear the windows was no longer transparent.

Thought  I was  the only  one  that  hasn't  got  the issue,  although with me  I got  all my  shades  are  up so go figure

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm running FSX on Windows 7 with a Nvidia GTX465 and I can confirm opaque windows on the 77L and 77W after a fresh install of the new updates.

I also did a by-the-book uninstall. 

- Sam Kharey

I'm running FSX on Windows 7 with a Nvidia GTX465 and I can confirm opaque windows on the 77L and 77W after a fresh install of the new updates.

I also did a by-the-book uninstall. 

- Sam Kharey