Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

After new installer: Cabin Windows are not transparent!

That problem is really weird because it's something that worked before and it's taking a while to PMDG fix it. At least the aircraft is flyable ane it's only a visual issue. PMDG is aware of this? Anyone openned a support ticket for this?

That problem is really weird because it's something that worked before and it's taking a while to PMDG fix it. At least the aircraft is flyable ane it's only a visual issue. PMDG is aware of this? Anyone openned a support ticket for this?

Yes!!! PMDG is aware of this issue and i opended a support ticket beside this thread. They wrote me that they´re working for a fix.

Hi Mike,

In reply to your request-

Date downloaded and installed- 2nd Jan.2016, time- 15.29

regards

David

Date downloaded and installed- 2nd Jan.2016, time- 15.29

Hi,David,

Thanks for your info. I have two downloaded installers. The first, looking inside the zip file, was saved at 3:39 pm on

1/1/16, and is 847,495 bytes. I downloaded it after 9 pm CST US,or 3 am 1/2/16Z. The second is dated 1/2/16, saved at

2:37 am, 847,510 bytes. I downloaded it on 1/3 @4:10 pm CST, 10pmZ.

So I'm not sure which installer you used. One thing to look at is the flashing red beacon at night. After I installed using

the first installer, at night the flashing red beacon turned the inner coverings of the engines bright red, rather than

producing more normal reflections. I don't know about whether the windows were opaque with this install.

When I used the second installer, the beacon reflections were fixed. But I do have opaque cabin windows viewed from the

exterior. (Note that there are various settings for the cabin window brightness - make sure they are on!) But looking into

the cockpit, I can easily see bobble-head Captain Randazzo and a bobble-head co-pilot flying my aircraft! (Note that this

option too has to be turned on.) However the bright red "reflections" bothered me much more than do the opaque cabin

windows.

Murillo, I see all three ground support units appear and disappear when I click on the options in Ground Connections, whether

using single or dual plug.

I used the PMDG House livery for the above.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks for your info. I have two downloaded installers. The first, looking inside the zip file, was saved at 3:39 pm on
1/1/16, and is 847,495 bytes. I downloaded it after 9 pm CST US,or 3 am 1/2/16Z. The second is dated 1/2/16, saved at
2:37 am, 847,510 bytes. I downloaded it on 1/3 @4:10 pm CST, 10pmZ.

The problem with the first installer was the coexistence error preventing installation to FSX-SE, I don't think any additional fixes was in the second update.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The problem with the first installer was the coexistence error preventing installation to FSX-SE, I don't think any additional fixes was in the second update.

Hi, Tom,

The second installer definitely fixed the red beacon engine-reflection problem introduced by the first v.7025 installer.  Captain Randazzo made a brief reference to this problem but I can't find it and I think the whole thread was deleted in favor of the more recent one.

I didn't have an installation problem w/ the first installer as I have a dual FSX:MS & FSX:SE install  But I sure had a problem with bright red reflections on the engines from the red beacon.

This is what I mean:

RedBeaconEngineSplash80477.md.jpg

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Once the fix is released it will appear on Operation Center or I need to periodically check here in the forum for an announcement? Is so sad that this fix is taking to long to came out, PMDG 777 is the very best product out there, but this little problem is driving me crazy kkk.

Sorry my poor english.

• Upvote 1

Once the fix is released it will appear on Operation Center or I need to periodically check here in the forum for an announcement? Is so sad that this fix is taking to long to came out, PMDG 777 is the very best product out there, but this little problem is driving me crazy kkk.

Sorry my poor english.

I´m sure PMDG will announce the fix/ update. Maybe they will fix this problem this week? I don´t know

I hope so. I only fly PMDG products, I'm perfectionist enough to fly the 777 without transparent windows so my 777 fleet is grounded and I'm currently flying the NGX only, amazing product as well.

• Upvote 1

I hope so. I only fly PMDG products, I'm perfectionist enough to fly the 777 without transparent windows so my 777 fleet is grounded and I'm currently flying the NGX only, amazing product as well.

Exactly like me^^. 737NGX is the only bird i´m flying right now until the windows of our T7 are getting fixed :-D. I know that this is only a visual problem but it´s stange flying the T7 at night and having a dark cabin^^. 

Exactly like me^^. 737NGX is the only bird i´m flying right now until the windows of our T7 are getting fixed :-D. I know that this is only a visual problem but it´s stange flying the T7 at night and having a dark cabin^^. 

Not quite...long range overnights, they actually turn the lights off for most of the ride to let people sleep.

I get that it should be fixed, but I don't quite think it's the showstopper that people are claiming it is here. Flew the 777-200LR/F from IAD-MUC last night (since I'm usually on that flight - though in a 764 - for an annual trip that I'm missing out on this year) and didn't even notice it.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

I get that it should be fixed, but I don't quite think it's the showstopper that people are claiming it is here. Flew the 777-200LR/F from IAD-MUC last night (since I'm usually on that flight - though in a 764 - for an annual trip that I'm missing out on this year) and didn't even notice it.

Currently flying YSSY to KLAX.  I am doing nothing but stare at the cabin windows during the entire 13+ hour flight.  Even worked out a way to fly complex departures and approaches while looking at nothing but the external cabin view.  The fact that I am getting smoother final approaches with high AI settings and complex scenery just doesn't compensate for those darned cabin windows.  The missing cabin lights are driving me insane, and if it isn't fixed soon I will probably jump off a cliff.

Mike

PS: Just noticed that if you fly with the passenger & cargo doors open you can see the different light levels according to cabin light settings, so I will be doing that until it's fixed.

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Not quite...long range overnights, they actually turn the lights off for most of the ride to let people sleep.

Yes. Like i said: Systemwise this Bird is nearly perfect. Do you know why it takes so long to fix this window Problem, Kyle? 

PMDG just released an update to OC. Fingers crossed for the 777 update pop in few hours.  :smile:

Hej All,

To confirm I did very thing to the book (uninstall and reinstall). I have even uninstalled it all for a second time and reinstalled it - still blacked out cabin windows.

While it is not a show stopper it does change the look of the aircraft. Unlike some PMDG users I spend quite a bit of time outside looking at the aircraft.

As a CSM (cabin services manager) for BAW I tend to use the cabin lighting and temp control a lot - I try to keep it 'real' even in the cabin (I am such a geek!).

For example on a night time take off, or as cabin crew say: "during the hours of darkness the lights are dimmed for take off (or landing)" the cabin lighting is reduced from 50% (used during taxi to runway) to 20%.

During the initial climb (after 2,000ft) cabin lighting is increased to 50% and shortly before the seat belt sign is turned off the lighting is increased again to 75% where it remains until we settle the pax down for the night by the temp going up from 21oC to 23oC and cabin lighting is turned all the way down to 02%.

As I use the cabin lighting so much and watch the aircraft from outside quite a bit having the windows not 'working'/blacked out for me reduces the 'realness' of the aircraft, but as Kyle said the B777 is still usable - just having to avoid looking at the outside of the aircraft :sad:

Maybe we are noticing this small/minor issue more then normal because the rest of the PMDG B777 is near perfect  :smile:

I have every confidence PMDG will sort this issue out quickly - they always do  :wink:

Best Regards

Kimber Rjones.

• Upvote 1