Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

After new installer: Cabin Windows are not transparent!

I never expected so much delay in a so much little detail. They fixed the Coexistence Failure in minutes after some users start reporting the issue. And now that small thing that is really small but very annoying for us is taking too long. Sad.

Sad that it took us so long to fix? I'm sorry to hear that, but the issue has already been fixed, sure you haven't downloaded the latest?

• Upvote 2

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Hi Jason, I have downloaded the latest , one minute ago and version seems the same....I haven´t installed it yet. Is this fixed versión?

Best.

Miquel Egea

I've just noticed something very interesting.

Like some have stated I thought that my windows were fine after the new installer. I had transparent windows and they were lit at night but that was when I ran FSX:SE in DX10 mode.

If I switch to DX9 then the windows become black and non transparent...... maybe someone else can try this and see if they get the same results.

Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

Sad that it took us so long to fix? I'm sorry to hear that, but the issue has already been fixed, sure you haven't downloaded the latest?

The 200LR is fixed, but the 300ER is not, the cabin windows on fuse_2 are not transparent, but the cabin windows on fuse_1 and fuse_3 are working.

I had transparent windows and they were lit at night but that was when I ran FSX:SE in DX10 mode.

This is true, in DX10 the windows are normal, in DX9 they're all black.

I will by thr third time download new installers and check it again. All the reinstall process are made by-the-book.

I just downloaded the latest installers an hour ago. I can confirm the problem still persists in the -300ER (for some of the middle windows) but is completely fixed in the -200LR.

Thanks,

Sam Kharey

A bit confusing this situation. Some offical statement from PMDG ,  should be wellcome.

Installers´ readme show the same versión released last  week.

Best.

Miquel Egea

Yeah i'm not convinced the installers have been changed. I suspect ppl are seeing different levels of this problem. Highly unlikely PMDG would fix the 200 and not the 300 without making some sort of announcement.

One thing i have always liked about PMDG's approach is they knuckle down and fix the problem no matter how long it takes and don't release until it is done.

It's obviously proving more complicated than a simple fix.

I'm sure we will have an answer directly from Rob soon.

I agree Darren but this post from Jason is confusing...

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Is it really fixed? I waited for an announcement from Robert etc. The -300ER is fixed also ?

I agree Darren but this post from Jason is confusing...

I'm waiting to buy the 777 and I'm totally confused as to the current state of it with regards to this issue!  Jason's post seems to have come out of the blue with no prior announcement that I've seen of a release of an update.

Can someone from PMDG please clarify the situation with both the base product and 300ER for us?

Andy Lawton

Hello guys,

I've downloaded new installers an hour ago and I confirm that the problem is completely fixed in -200 but the -300 have only the first section of fuselage fixed, the mid and rear sections still black.

I can confirm the same as Murillo.

The -200 seems fine but the -300 still has issues. The only difference for me is that the front and very rear sections of the -300 seem fine and the mid is completely black.

Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

i am still waiting for the update, which we are always informed either here by Rob or by the ops center